21. Hwa Joong Jae Wang

Chapter 21.
Hwa Joong Jae Wang.

Seon-woo walked out of the medical room. Ah-ro had treated and bandaged his wound. It was painful but he was just glad that he had been able to keep his word to doctor Ahn-ji and keep Ah-ro safe.

As he was walking, he met Ji-dwi, who was standing there as if waiting for him. He turned as soon as he heard Seon-woo's nearing footsteps. "The place where the arrow hit, is it okay?" he asked, his expression creased with genuine concern. Seon-woo nodded, not expecting the other to be so worried about him. Ji-dwi looked away guiltily as he regretfully repented, "I am sorry."

This made the other Hwarang frown. "Why are you?" On getting no reply, he clarified in a more elaborate manner, "I am asking why you are sorry?"

An arrow whizzed over their heads, embedding on the wooden board above the courtyard. The scroll that was attached to it unfurled, revealing its contents, painted in a bloody red colour.

Hwa Joong Jae Wang.

Seon-woo stepped forward towards the scroll. He was no expert but he was pretty sure what the text translated to. There is a king among Hwarang. And Seon-woo couldn't even deny it because at the bottom was a symbol of two connected dragon heads. The same thing that was on the bracelet of Mak-moon's killer. So the person he was looking for all this time was inside Seonmoon itself?

The others had begun to gather as well. Sa-do came along with Soo-ho and Han-seong. Her steps faltered when she read the message. Her eyes scanned the crowd for Ji-dwi. She located him standing at the side with Seon-woo and Ah-ro. There was a loud cacophony as everyone talked amongst themselves.

Ji-dwi stared wide eyed at the scroll. How did this happen? Who found out? The only people who knew about him was Sa-do and Ah-ro and he was sure that these two would not reveal his secrets. Which only meant that someone else in Hwarang had found out about him. He felt nervous as he heard the others speculating on this.

Poong Wol Joo walked in with Bu-jae and the guard. "Move!" he demanded as the Hwarangs cleared a path for him. His steps were sure and determined as he headed up and ripped the scroll in half and threw it to the ground.

Ji-dwi's heart was racing. He felt terrified. Was an assassin hiding within Seonmoon, waiting for the right opportunity to kill him?

Someone touched his shoulder breaking his focus and he turned back to Sa-do. She shook her head at him, silently telling him not to react so obviously and vulnerably that anyone could guess the truth just by looking at his face. Her presence was comforting but it did nothing to calm him down this time.

Sa-do stepped closer to his side and took his hand, intertwining her fingers through his. She squeezed his hand as her thumb rubbed small soothing circles on the top of his palm. She watched with relief as Ji-dwi calmed down and schooled his expression into something more blank and neutral.

"If this is a joke, I will let it slide once. But if this was done with a motive, I will not forgive it a second time. Understand?" Poong Wol Joo barked, his rage echoing within his voice.