Bonus Chapter 2

Bonus Chapter 2.

Soo-yeon struggled with an oversized water pot. The heavy vessel suddenly disappeared from her hands.

"Are you crazy?! You should have just called me," Sa-do rebuked as she placed the utensil in the corner.

"I am pregnant. Not disabled," Soo-yeon complained with some annoyance. "Besides," she continued as she moved over to chop some vegetables for dinner, "you have already worked hard through the day. I didn't want to trouble you."

"Wow! You really know how to make people feel like strangers. Am I not your sister?" Sa-do huffed disbelievingly as she too began to dice a carrot.

"Must you stay here and annoy me?"

"Would you prefer it if I called Ban-ryu?" the female Hwarang asked and gave a devilish grin when the other gave her a horrified look.

"Don't you dare," Soo-yeon warned, holding her knife up threateningly. "Ban-ryu seems to think I need bed rest. I can barely get any work done with him around."

"Then let me help."

Soo-yeon sighed knowing it was a lost battle. Arguing with Sa-do and winning was an unachievable task. It seemed she had been entrapped between her elder brother and sister in-law. With them and Ban-ryu she could barely do anything without being hindered. They had all fallen into an overprotective mode around her. It was annoying at times, but she understood their concerns and appreciated the gesture.

...

Yeo-wool stood before his best friend's grave. "Hey. You know, Ban-ryu and Soo-yeon had a daughter. Eun-mi is really tiny. And she is the cutest baby ever. She would have fit in your arms perfectly since you were so short," he took a steadying breath as a few tears slid down.

A hand rested against his shoulder as Soo-ho came to stand beside him. "Hiya! Guess who became an uncle?" he called out cheerfully with a fond smile as he stared at the wildflowers growing on the grassy patch.

"Do you think that's impressive? I am her godfather," Yeo-wool remarked grandly with flourish.

Soo-ho shook his head unbelievably. "I still can't get over the fact that he chose you," he grumbled, still unsatisfied with the turn of events though he had to agree that Yeo-wool made a great godfather for his niece.

"Just admit it!" Yeo-wool demanded, his tone mocking. "You are just upset he didn't tell you about it first because you guys share everything these days since you both are 'brothers'."

"I dare you to repeat that again."

It took Yeo-wool a few moments to finally notice Soo-ho's glare. "Uh oh," he nervously uttered, slowly starting to back away before making a mad dash for it. Soo-ho chased after him. Stopping before Han-seong's grave again, Yeo-wool quickly said, "I will come meet you some other time Han-seong-ah," before quickly leaving as Soo-ho started to gain on him. After circling the field he stopped once again before the headstone. "That is if this one doesn't send me up to directly see you," he panted breathlessly before running off once again.