32. Back to Seonmoon

Chapter 32.
Back to Seonmoon.

They were now back in Silla. There were cheers from the people as they continued to walk.

Sa-do clutched her side. During the prison break, one of the South Buyeo guards had managed to stab her. She had not mentioned it to the guys at that time as they were busy fighting and then they were trying to escape.

"Are you alright?" Sa-do turned to Ah-ro and gave her a reassuring smile. The two girls walked together along with the rest of Silla's freed citizens. Ah-ro had temporarily bandaged her shoulder from where Prince Chang had stabbed her, but it was still paining a lot. The only good thing was that she was back in her Hwarang robes instead of the uncomfortable hanbok.

Suddenly there was a shower of arrows and they turned to see South Buyeo's crowned Prince with a handful of soldiers. There was chaos and panic as a few of the peasants got shot by the archers. The Prince persisted, hunting them down like animals.

In an attempt to push Ah-ro out of the way of an flying arrow, Sa-do took the shot instead. She hissed in pain as it pierced through her shoulder and fell onto her knees. "Sa-do!" Ah-ro was at her side in an instant. The four boys briefly turned to her before facing the fight.

"Is she alright?" Ji-dwi called out as Ban-ryu rushed to her side, standing in front of her like a wall to block any further attacks.

"The wound reopened. She is bleeding out quickly," Ah-ro said to the other Hwarangs.

"Oh my bad!" Prince Chang apologized insincerely and it was blatantly obvious that he had shot her intentionally. The crowned Prince challenged Seon-woo to a rematch and refused a one-on-one fight. No. The blood-thirsty Sacred Bone craved for a war. A war against defenseless farmers with an outnumbering army.

Soo-ho took an arrow to the shoulder for Seon-woo, still thinking he was the King. With a desperate urging from Sa-do, Ban-ryu left her side to help his teammate and supported the other guy as he brought him back to the sidelines.

They would have all died had Poong Wol Joo not arrived at the precise moment with Bu-jae and the rest of Hwarang, successfully outnumbering the Baekje soldiers.

"Hiya Shin Jae Won!" Sa-do turned at the familiar voice to see Yeo-wool running towards her. Seeing her state shocked him briefly but he quickly composed himself and helped her stand up as he supported most of her weight.

...

After returning back to the capital, everything had been a blur. Seonmoon became an interim hospital and shelter for the rescued citizens. Ah-ro with a few other Hwarangs formed a temporary medical team and helped tend and care for the sick and injured. Classes had been cancelled for the time being as the whole Hwarang helped out.

Seon-woo found himself surrounded by peasants and Hwarangs alike, either congratulating him on the rescue or thanking him for saving them or apologizing for calling him 'Gae-Sae'. It was a bit too overwhelming and his only reprieve had been when Ah-ro had dragged him away to tend to his wounds and let him stay in the medical room until he was ready to face the hoards of people again.