Chapter 3

-Katniss

It's been two days since I saw Peeta. I hear him screaming sometimes at night from my house. I really wish I could go and hug him and make it all better but I know I can't, his girlfriend probably already does that for him.

Today I've decided to go hunting. I guess it won't hurt being away from the house for a while.

I put my father's hunting jacket on and pull my boots up over my feet before standing up and running out of the front door, closing it behind me. It feels so good to be outside the fresh air filling my nose, it's so wonderful.

I take my usual path to the woods looking at all the people re-building the district. This makes me happy and sad at the same time. It's not going to be the same, old district 12 we all know but I guess it will be better now there aren't any more games.

I reach the woods and go to the tree where I keep my bow and arrows. I sling my arrows over my shoulder and hold my bow down by my side.

I make my way through the woods sneakily. I hide behind a tree and pull my arrow on my bow ready to shoot. I move from behind the tree to the front and then I spot something, someone's standing down by the lake.

I walk down to where this someone is standing, only to realise that it's Peeta. What's he doing here?

I decide to walk over, "Hey." I say as I walk besides him. "Oh hey Katniss," he replies. His voice is so calm, so masculine, so Peeta. "What are you doing here? You were the last person I thought would be standing down here in the woods," I say giving a slight laugh.

"Oh, I-I don't know," he says.

"Oh," I reply, smiling a little after I speak.

"You look so different, Peeta." I say, trying to break the silence that has come over us.

"Oh, really?" He says.

"Yeah, you do!"

"I don't know why that is Katniss."

I sigh. I don't know why things seem so awkward between us.

I pull myself forward to him, leaning into hug him. He kindly excepts my offer and pulls me into his embrace. This is where I belong, wrapped up in Peeta's arms.

"I've missed you," I mumble under my breath hoping he doesn't hear me.

"I've missed you too Katniss," he replies as he pulls away from our hug.

"I better be off, I'll see you soon Peeta," I say, as I start to walk off.

"Okay, bye Katniss!" He says. I hear him let out a huge sigh which makes me smile a bit.