Chapter 18

-Peeta

So Katniss came back to her house with my clothes and I left straight away. I told her to be ready for 5, and to wear something pretty. I want to take her to a fancy restaurant just as a little thank you, for nothing in particular, just as a thank you.

 *5pm

-Katniss

I'm searching through my clothes; I don't know what to wear. A dress, or is that to formal? Oh screw it Katniss, you need to make an effort.

I find a white tight dress and lay it out on my bed. It has white lace sleeves. Definitely not something I would pick out to wear. I'd be more than happy just to go wearing my hunting clothes but I guess I need to make an effort. This dress was obviously bought and put here by Effie. Does she know about tonight?

I hear a knock at the door so I run down. I'm only in my underwear so I grab a robe and pull it over myself as I run down the stairs. I get to the bottom and bolt for the door.

I open the door to see him standing there. He looks gorgeous. "Come in," I say, welcoming him into my house.

"Hurry up Everdeen," he says giving a slight laugh. I laugh a little and run back up the stairs.

I pick my white dress up off the bed where I put it earlier. I let my robe drop to the floor and slip into the White dress.

I pull the dress over my head and smooth it down with my hands. It's a slim dress which shows off my figure rather well. Each curve, each bump, each indent is all shown off by this dress. The top of the dress has a low neck which shows a little too much boob for my liking but it's only Peeta I guess.

I walk down the stairs to meet him at the bottom. His eyes search up the stairs and scan over my body, this gesture makes me smile a little and I let a little giggle out. Since when does Katniss Everdeen giggle?

"Well you ready?" I say. I walk towards the front door picking up my coat on the way out. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," I say. I wink at him and see he starts to laugh.

"Sorry, but you left me breathless for a moment back there Katniss," he says.

I feel my cheeks burn up and I'm blushing. What's gotten into me lately? Giggling, smiling, blushing, wearing dresses that show off everything, being romantic, this is nothing like the Katniss Everdeen I was once before.

I walk back down the stairs and meet Peeta at the bottom and we both leave my house, making sure the doors locked, and heading to this fancy restaurant Peeta wants to take me too,

~~

The restaurant was so fancy, it reminded me of the Capitol a little too much, I hope it didn't remind Peeta of the Capitol. I don't want him to have another flashback and have me up against the wall with his fingers locked around my throat. We're walking back to my house now, arms wrapped around each other's, both a little tipsy.

He pulled my chair out for me to sit down, it was so romantic. Everyone sat around us was saying their 'awes' and 'they're so cute' It really made me think about how lucky I was to be there, on a date with Peeta Mellark, he's mine, and only mine.

We ate our food in a comfortable silence, just making some small talk. Then the waiter brought out a selection of alcoholic beverages. I could resist it. Sometimes you have to treat yourself and have a little fun, and I guess I need to get used to drinking alcohol if Effie and Haymich's wedding is soon. I can't be the only one there not drinking, so a bit of practise won't do any harm.

After we ate food we drunk a little more and then decided to leave... That brings us to now. We're walking back to my house now, arms wrapped around each other's, both a little tipsy.

I walk up the steps to my front door, unlock it and swing it open. Me and Peeta both stumble in. I readjust my dress as it has seem to risen on the walk home. I pull the top bit up because it's now showing way too much cleavage. 

I walk to the kitchen putting my coat on the counted and turn around to get Peeta's but when I turn around I see he is on the floor in front of me on one knee. My eyes search his and he coughs a little before opening his mouth to let his words float out. "Katniss Everdeen, will you marry me?" I just stand there in shock for a moment with my mouth wide open, but no words are coming out.

 "Of course I will Peeta, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!" I say leaping into his arms and connecting my mouth to his.