Chapter 9

-Katniss

I just kissed Peeta... I hope that describes or somehow shows him how much I've missed him. I've never been good at expressing my feelings through words so I left it to my actions to show what words can't show.

I press my head into the crook of his neck, moving it from side to side to get comfortable. "Well, you see my victor's, that's why we came here, to tell you that we're dating," she says happily but still in her thick capitol accent. I'm astonished, speechless perhaps. I push my head even further into his neck, trying to block out the high pitched squeaks of her voice. You can take Effie out of the Capitol, but you can't take the Capitol out of Effie.

I think back to mine and Haymitch's private conversations in the command room while waiting for Coin to address what we were doing next. If he started drinking again, Effie would start dressing ridiculously again.

"Congratulations to the both of you!" Peeta says triumphantly.

 "Yes, congratulations," I also say.

 They both just stand there, Effie blushing and Haymitch just staring at us, trying to figure it out probably.

"Thank you, and now the both of you, what's happening here?" Effie says gesturing to us.

"We're just getting used to each other's company again, that's all," I hear Peeta say and I let out a small chuckle. Peeta laughs from the vibrations of my voice against his neck.

"Well, we better be off now, things to do, places to be," Effie says before turning around.

"Fun to have," I whisper into Peeta's ear. He starts to laugh which causes Effie and Haymitch to turn around and give us a look before walking straight out of Peeta's house.

When we hear the door being slammed me and Peeta automatically burst into pools of laughter.

I stand up and run to the kitchen getting two glasses of water for me and Peeta, we've laughed so much we've gone all red. We both drink our water and wash the glasses in the kitchen,

Peeta goes back to sitting in the chair he was in and I slip myself over the arm of the chair and onto his lap snuggling myself into him. I put my face into the crook of his neck again. I give him a quick kiss on his neck which makes him fidget. I can see what I'm doing to Peeta so I stop. I take a mental note for some time in the future i'll need to know this.

"So, about what Haymitch said... What do you need to tell me?"