Chapter 13

-Katniss

"But anyways, I was thinking of proposing to Effie what do you think?" Haymitch says. I take my eyes from off the counter where I was looking and look directly at Peeta and then to Haymitch. "YOU NEED TO DO IT, DO IT PLEASE! JUST IMAGINE IF SHE CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN AND THEN YOU GET DOWN ON ONE KNEE... SHE WOULD FEEL ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!! ANY GIRL WOULD!" I say practically screaming at Haymitch.

"Okay Katniss calm down; you don't want the whole population of district 12 to hear his plan!" Peeta says. I just look at him and give a smirk.

"Shut up you," I say playfully walking over towards him punching him in the arm slightly. He pulls me onto his lap and I sit there feeling like this is where I belong and this is where I should always be, always wrapped up in Peeta's strong muscular body with his arms protecting me from all of my nightmares and from life itself.

"I couldn't agree more with bread boy, so you think I should Katniss?" Haymitch says.

 "Of course I think you should! Couldn't you just imagine Effie in a wedding dress flowing past her knees down to the floor, her natural hair in beach waves, her makeup so natural you would think she isn't wearing any." I say.

"I guess so, I just wanted to ask your permission considering she has no family left and you guys are the closest to family she has," He says.

"And Haymitch, maybe if you're lucky you can get her knocked up on your wedding night; I mean your wedding nights for that sort of stuff really? Try all the positions you want," Peeta says winking at Haymitch.

"Peeta, manners!" I scold, imitating Effie and trying to perfect her Capitol accent.

"Yes boy, manners!" Haymitch says before we all burst into a pool of laughter, hardly controllable.

I hit Peeta's thigh playfully and he kisses my neck. "Alright a love bird's, that's my cue to leave, Have a lovely... night," Haymitch says. Me and Peeta both start to laugh and Haymitch leaves Peeta's house slamming the door behind him.

Peeta kisses my neck agaim which causes me to wriggle around in his lap. "Peetaaaaaaaaaaa," I say playfully.

 "Katnisssssssssss," he says imitating my tone. He stops kissing my neck and places me in his lap so I'm straddled across him and my legs are almost around his waist.

He looks into my eyes. "So does this mean I get my girl on fire back?" Peeta says softly. It doesn't take me long to connect my lips to Peeta's. I pull away and look into his eyes. "Of course it does, does this mean I get my boy with the bread back?" I say. He nods his head and pulls me in for another kiss.

I stand up from Peeta's lap and sort myself out. I grab his hand and pull him out of the chair.

"Thank you for an amazing afternoon, I should be heading home now." I say to Peeta pulling him into a hug.

"You're welcome Katniss," he says. Accepting my hug and pulling me tighter into his chest.

I kiss his cheek and walk towards the door.

"Should do it again sometime," I say imitating Joanna's voice in the elevator after she had stripped in front of us.

He chuckles a little and waves goodbye to me and I head off along the stone path in victors village.

I decide to walk to Haymitch's house and interrupt what he and Effie are doing just like he did to me and Peeta. I walk up to the door, give it a quiet, not noticeable knock and walk on in. I see Effie straddled on Haymitch's lap practically eating his face. I force a cough from the back of my throat and cough. I chuckle a little when I see them both just stare at me.

"Manners, Katniss! Ever heard of knocking?" Effie says.

"I did actually, but it looks like you're both too busy with each other to take notice in the door anyways." I say starting to laugh.