Chapter 17

-Katniss

I feel so loved right now. Peeta really knows how to treat a lady right doesn't he? God, Delly was such a lucky woman to have him. But no one can have him now. He's mine and mine only. If any girl comes near him, let alone touch him I'll shoot the back of her head off.

Why is it every time I'm with Peeta my mind tracks back to him and Delly? How can I get the images of him and Delly out of my mind, it's killing me. It really is.

Should I just give in to him? Should I give him what he wants? Should I just give him my virginity? Hand it to him on a plate with a note saying 'here take it.'

We're still in bed; I'm still on top of him with my legs straddled, still kissing his invitingly warm, soft, gentle, spongy lips. Yep, I've fallen for him. I've fallen for him hard. I realised it wasn't an act of love when his heart stopped. Knowing that he had died in front of me and there was nothing I could do made me want to go and kill myself. I really can't live without this boy.

We roll over so Peeta is now on top of me. His legs straddled my core and his hands pinning my arms onto the bed while his tongue is exploring my mouth and his pelvis is grinding onto my lower half.

This is the best kiss we have ever shared and I'm glad I'm in this position with him and not Gale. Gale, where is he? Is he kissing another pair of lips? Making love to another innocent girl, making her fall for him? Wait... Katniss stop thinking about Gale. Think about Peeta; think about what's happening with you and Peeta. Please stay with him.

-Peeta

We stop kissing and I lift my body up from Katniss' and roll over so I'm led on my back. I hear her heavy breathing and I chuckle to myself slightly. I cannot wait until I get to have her all, all she has, all she is. I cannot wait until that night of our wedding. The most perfect night known to be in history. The night Katniss Everdeen looses her virginity.

Katniss gets up off the bed and walks towards the bathroom door. She still only had her underwear and her tank top on. I can't help but notice how perfect she looks right now, more perfect than I've ever seen her before.

I decide to get up off the bed. I realise I didn't have any clothes on when I came here only my boxers. Gee, did I really leave my house at 3am this morning with just my boxers on? I dread to think anyone was watching me slowly make my way to Katniss house dressed like this.

I can't leave her house in the broad daylight with just my boxers on can I? People are going to suspect that were sleeping together and we had a rough night and all of that stuff.

I hear the bathroom door open and she comes out, running over to the bed throwing herself into it. She lies next to me stroking my cheek. She kisses my nose and giggles to herself.

"So you didn't bring any clothes with you Mellark?" She says. I can hear the tone of humour in her voice.

"I guess I didn't, Everdeen." I reply.

"More of a reason to stay here longer and do this," I say. I pull her face into mine and kiss her full on the mouth for a few seconds before coming back to my position I was in before I kissed her.

"I guess so or..." She says, her hands moving down to my stomach circling the skin on my chest.

"I could go to your house, get you some clothes and we can go somewhere together?" She finishes.

"Sounds good to me, if you go and get my clothes then I'll decide what we're doing," I say leaning into her kissing her one last time. She gives me a little smile as a reply before slipping on a pair of loose fitted trousers and a jumper. She slips her boots over her feet and runs down the stairs so quietly.

When she's gone this gives me a time to think, to think about what happened with Delly. For some reason she's been on my mind a lot lately... I wonder why this is. I know I definitely don't have feelings for her; it was just a one night thing, just an experience.

I always think to myself, 'why did you do it Peeta? Why didn't you wait for Katniss?' But the answer is, that It wasn't that I didn't want to wait for Katniss, I could of waited for her. I could of waited a life time for her. But I didn't. I decided to sleep with Delly because I knew me and Katniss would end up back together, protecting each other from everything. Because that's what me and her do. Protect each other.

I don't it because I wanted some experience. I wanted to be experienced for Katniss, I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing and that I knew how to pleasure her a way she would remember. And by wanting to do all of this I needed practice and I needed to perfect my actions. Make them perfect so when the time came with Katniss. It would be the most perfect, special thing you could ever imagine. It would be an unforgettable experience and an act of true love.