Chapter 21

Haymitch and Effie's wedding

-Katniss

I'm in Haymitch's house upstairs with Effie while she runs around trying to find bits of makeup. "Effie, you're going to look fine! Trust me; you don't need a lot of make-up anyways. You need to show your natural beauty sometimes you know?" I say.

 She turns to look at me and gives me a look of disgust. "Yeah sure," she replies. I roll my eyes and walk over to the bathroom counter where my make-up is laid out ready for me to apply to my face.

After we've finished our make-up and hair we go on to getting dressed. Effie picks up her dress from the bed and looks over it with her eyes. She's going to look so beautiful with that on. It really shows her figure, all her curves.

I help her get into her dress and she thanks me. She looks at herself in the mirror just smiling. "You look beautiful, Haymich is a very lucky man," I say to try and comfort her. She sends a smile in my direction and I turn away to get my dress on.

My dress, it's a lovely tight fitted red dress; it cuts of at the middle of my thigh. Effie said she didn't want to have the traditional bridesmaid dresses so she went out and bought this for me. It's quite similar to the white dress I wore on mine and Peeta's first date but red.

We arrive at the meadow. This is where they wanted to get married. They wanted a small wedding with just a few friends of theirs, mostly the remaining victors along with some old friends of Effie's, my old prep team are supposed to show an appearance too. So there's not many of us. And for the reception after party they've practically invited the whole of district 12.

Effie asked me if I would walk her down the aisle, I obviously accepted this offer.

Me and Effie start to walk down the aisle and everyone looks back at us.

I smile at them all and my eyes look up to see Peeta smiling in our direction. I look ahead of us and see Haymitch stood there looking at Effie.

I hand Effie over to a Haymitch and take my seat next to Peeta who intertwines our fingers together.

They say all their vows and they share a kiss and we all move down to the lake so we can get some nice photos of us all.

We arrive at the reception after party and we eat some food. Watch everyone give their speeches and show their respect to the new married couple, the Abernathy's.

We all start drinking and dancing and having a good time. The rest of the night goes on like this and goes slowly so we all enjoy each other's company.

~ ~

Me and Peeta have been dancing all night and drinking of course. Haymitch and Effie left around 2 hours ago to get rushed back to their house so they can leave for the first flight to wherever their going. I grab Peeta's hand and pull him towards the door of the building, leading out into the hallway. He follows behind me like a lost puppy. I find the elevator that will take us up to our hotel room. I push the button impatiently and wait for the doors to open. I pull Peeta into the elevator with me. The doors close slowly and I let a little laugh fall out of my mouth.

I push him into the corner of the elevator and smile and I look at him with a smirk forming on my lips. I turn around so my back is facing him. I mock johanna's tone from the quarter quell, "Unzip?" He does as I tell him and he slowly moves his hand down my back unzipping my dress.

I turn around and smirk at him. I pull the dress down over my body and wink at him. I see his eyes scan up and down my body. Even if I am drunk, I don't think it changed my perspective on how much I want Peeta right now.