Chapter 6

-Peeta

I wake up suddenly, my whole body drenched in sweat. This can't keep going on; I need her back in my life, I need to prove to her that she doesn't need that boyfriend she has, and that she needs me, and that I need her- which I do.

I can't get back to sleep, so I decided to get up and make some breakfast; eggs and bacon. After I've made myself breakfast I sit around the table by myself looking out of the window and straight at Katniss' house. I stare at the long window she has on the side of the house. I see her some mornings staring out of it and into the window of mine. I wonder if she's thinking the same as me.

I can't take this much longer, I need to tell her how I feel about her. She already knows but maybe she needs reminding.

I force myself out of the chair and to the living room where the phone is on the table next to the sofa. I pick up the phone in a shaking hand and type in Katniss's number.

After 3 rings she picks up. I can feel myself getting nervous, my palms start to sweat so I wipe them in my trousers before I hold the phone again.  I take a deep breath before I start to speak.

Me: H-hey Katniss.

Katniss: Hey, what's up Peeta?

Me: Oh, I'm sorry if I interrupted you if you were doing anything but..

Katniss: You wasn't interrupting, carry on...

Me: I was just wondering if you wanted to come over. Maybe have coffees or...

Katniss: Yes! I'd love too, I'll be right over.

The phone line goes dead and I put the phone back on the stand and do a little dance of happiness- a victory dance.

Katniss Everdeen, the love of my life, is coming around my house for coffee. I can't believe it.