Chapter 24

~ Peeta ~

Katniss just left me, she really left me. She doesn't even remember last night. The way she was flirting with me, leading me to think she wanted it, which she stated she did. I've really messed up. What can I do?

I pick the ring she threw back at me up off the floor and I roll it around in my fingers, placing it to my lip and kissing it. This is all I have left of her, and of course everything that's in our house. Who's going to live there now?

Why does any of this matter to her? If she really loved me she wouldn't care when we made love for the first time, all she should worry about is having sex with the right person and if she loves them.

I made that mistake with Delly, we made love and I regret losing my virginity to her, I wish it would have been Katniss. It would have felt more special if it were with the girl I have loved since the age of five.

I guess there nothing I can do apart from go home and hide myself from the world and try not to love her as much as I do, and always will.

~ 3 days later ~

I just arrived back in district 12 and I'm walking back to mine and Katniss' house. I assume she caught the earlier train 3 days ago and got here early this morning, or maybe she hasn't even come back yet.