Chapter 8

-Peeta

"B-boyfriend?" She stutters.

"Yes? Your boyfriend Katniss..."

"I don't have a boyfriend Peeta, I-I."

"Oh, sorry Katniss, I just thought that..."

"No, don't be sorry it's okay..."

This conversation just got super awkward. I just give a smile.

"Why did you think I had a boyfriend?" She says. She stands up coming closer to me so she's now stood next to my chair.

"I just thought, you being back in 12 you might of-"

I'm cut off by her lips slowly connecting to mine, her breath is so warm against my lips, I've been dreaming of this moment for so long.

I hear the door fly open and two figures walk in, "Peeta we-" The person stops talking and mumbles something to the other person that came in with them.

Katniss slowly disconnects her lips with mine and goes near my ear, "If I had a boyfriend I wouldn't have done that." My cheeks go bright red.

"Haymitch! Look at them being all adorable!" I can finally make out who it is, Effie and Haymitch.

I turn around from my chair to see them both stood there holding hands.

Wait... Effie and Haymitch are holding hands, this can't be right.

"So, you finally told him sweetheart?" Haymitch says putting his hand on Katniss shoulder.

"No, I actually didn't get chance, you two kind of burst in through the door before I could." She says. Her cheeks start to blush a rosy red colour. When she blushes it's so adorable.

"When we walked in you was too busy smooching his face to even acknowledge us standing there," Effie says.

I feel my face go a deep shade of red as Katniss looks at me giving me a chuckle.

"Before you jump to conclusions about me and Katniss, what you seen just then was nothing, but what is something is the fact you and Haymitch were holding hands Effie?" I say quite confidently.

I look towards Effie to see her face go a shade of pink. She instantly drops Haymitch's hand and holds her other hand nervously.

"Oh look she's blushing! Something's obviously going on with them both!!" Katniss says as she slips herself over the arm of the kitchen chair and sits on my lap smiling into my face.

What is Katniss doing? This is just making me fall for her even more.

What did she have to tell me?

What was Haymitch on about?

Does she love me the way I love her? Does she want to be with me?

All of these thoughts run through my head as Katniss snuggles her head into my neck as we await a reply from either Effie or Haymitch.