Chapter 23

-Katniss

I leave the room and run down the corridor, my head is pounding and my heart aches. What did I just do? I've ruined everything now.

I find the stairs and run down them as fast as I can, I get to the reception and the woman is stood there looking at me while I catch back my breath. "What room is Johanna Mason staying in?" I ask politely, taking a huge deep breath after I ask

"Room 225," she replies rather stubbornly.

"Okay, thank you," I reply.

I walk to the stairs again and I walk up two flights so I can get to Johanna's floor. I finally reach it and search down the halls for her room. When I find it I bang my fists on the wooden door and wait for an answer.

She opens the door and sees me, her eyes open, more alert now. I push past her and she closes the door. "Katniss, what's happened?" She says. I pace around her room back and forth trying to calm myself down,  I come to a sudden stop and look at her. "It's Peeta," I say.

She looks up at me and sits me down on the couch. She goes to the kitchen and comes back with a bottle of vodka and two glasses. "Here, have one and then tell me," she says. This gesture makes me smile a little. I take my glass and Johanna pours vodka into it for me.

"So brainless, what's bread boy done?"

"Well, we kind of had sex last night."

"You came all the way here, just to tell me about you sex life Katniss?" She starts to laugh which causes me to laugh. "Of course not, I came to tell you that me and Peeta had a huge argument and I kind of threw my engagement ring back at him and said some things I didn't mean..."

"Such as, Katniss?" she says.

"I said he was filthy and that he forced me into having sex with him, and that he took advantage of me when I was drunk..." I reply, taking a huge swig of my vodka.

"Wow, brainless you really fucked up," She says.

"Excuse me, wait. He knew I wasn't ready, he knew I wanted to wait until we were married, he knew that but he still went against what he knew!" I feel my tone starting to be raised so I take another swig of my vodka straight back.

"Brainless, you're just as responsible as him for this... You can't go blaming it all on him. You should have seen the way you two were acting together on the dance floor last night, anybody would have sworn you were going to make love right there right then."

"But he went against me, and my word!"

"You lead him on, making him want you and then you blame him for the act. Why does it even matter? You both love each other."

"I do not! It matters to me okay." I say coldly.

"Whatever, just go back up there and sort things out with him. Don't break the boy's heart, he's loved you since he was five, he's been through two hunger games, been tortured by snow and hijacked if I mention, this is the last he needs."

"No, we're done."

That's all I say before I'm up on my feet heading towards the door again. I swing it open and walk back the way to reception.

The woman behind the desk smiles at me as I walk on past, I walk out of the hotel and across the road.