Chapter 10

-Katniss

"So, about what Haymitch said... What do you need to tell me?" Peeta says. I feel a strange sensation take over my body. This hasn't happened before; I don't know what it is.

"Oh nothing, you know how Haymitch is always making stuff up, trying to wind me up," I lie. I hope he believes me.

"Thank you for coming around Katniss," Peeta whispers into my ear. I detach myself from Peeta's warm, comforting body and stand beside the chair.

"Thank you for asking," I say.

No. This can't be the end of today. I need to tell him how I feel, there's a chance he might feel the same way about me, unless he's found another girl and he's been kissing another set of lips. And that's why he invited me over, to tell me about him and his new girlfriend and all about their love? But I kissed him and he kissed me, he didn't pull away? What would his girlfriend say?

The thoughts cut off my mind when I can't even control what's coming out of my mouth. "What's her name Peeta?" I say, instantly regretting it.

"What's whose name Katniss?"

"Your girlfriend, Peeta, that is the reason you asked me to come over isn't it? To tell me about the way she kisses you, the way she makes love to you, the way you both love each other? To tell me all about you and your new girlfriend and all about your new lives and plans for the future and how many children you're going to have and-" My lips are cut off by his soft finger placed over them.

"Katniss I have no idea what you're talking about. But there's one thing I can assure you about and that is that I don't have a girlfriend, and I wouldn't want to kiss anybody else's lips other than yours, so may I?"

The way he just asked was so adorable. I smile at him and he moves his finger and places her hands around my waist pulling me into his lap. Our lips lock instantly and I feel what I have always wanted to feel. The hunger, the love, the passion, the taste of his lips merged with mine.

I don't want this kiss to end so I run my hand on his jawline and the other running through his hair. I run my tongue along the bottom of his lip asking permission to enter. He accepts and we share the kiss I've been waiting and waiting for since he got taken by the Capitol. I've been waiting for kisses just like the ones the quarter quell, but this kiss is so much better. It has so much passion and love behind it.

Peeta breaks the kiss unfortunately. I was enjoying that kiss so much. "Katniss I-I," he says. God he's so sexy when he stutters. "I've wanted to do that for so long Katniss."

I blush a little at his words but I'm not good with words like Peeta so I just connect my lips back to his only for a second too show him I feel the same.

I slowly break my lips away from his soft, loving, sloppy lips and I form mine into a smile. Not many things can make me smile but for sure Peeta is one of those things that truly do make me smile so much.

I bring my eyes in level with Peeta's and I just stare into his gorgeous ocean blue waves of eyes. I see his lips start to form a smile, from one side of his face to the other. I don't think I need to say anything... I think he understands what I mean.

But before I can stop myself from saying anything I slowly lean into Peeta, wrapping my hands around him and moving my head into the crook of his neck. I lift my mouth so it's in line with his ear. And I whisper something ever so quietly. "I love you, Peeta Mellark."