The boys on your birthday

Ian: he would make sure everything was perfect from the start of the day to the end. But he wouldn't make it too extravagant. He'd first surprise you with breakfast in bed, and definitely add extra (vegan)/bacon so he could sneak it off your plate. Then he'd give you his gift, something simple like you both agreed you wanted, but something absolutely meaningful. He'd get you a necklace locket, a heart with a keyhole. He would hold up the key on his necklace, and when unlocked would reveal a dried flower on one side and a picture of the two of you on the other. It was perfect.
To end the perfect day he'd take you to the movie you'd been talking about for weeks, then take you out for ice cream after.

Barley: He'd go ALL out. In the morning he'd fill the kitchen with balloons and suggest cake for breakfast. Then he'd have a list called "(y/n)'s perfect birthday," where you'd get to choose the next destination each time. The list would bring you to a flower garden, an arcade, a cute little park, and finally back home, where he would give you a custom made gift: a painting of the both of you sitting on a bench, staring into a sunset. Of course around you lurked dragons and sprites and other mythical creatures, but it was perfect.