Ian x Reader- Ghost

Hey guys!
I'm going to try to do a few Oneshots before I leave for school and don't have time to do them lol.
This one deals with loss, so just a TW. But it gets better, I promise!
TW: LOSS
It had been weeks.
Weeks since the news broke.
"(Y/n), honey, someone is at the door for you!"
"Just a sec, ma! I'm putting some stuff together,"
I had been packing up boxes for school. Ian had been helping me, and we planned to move into school around the same time.
He had forgotten something at home, so he had driven back to go get it.
"Alright, who's here aga-" I started, thumping down the stairs.
Colt Bronco was at the door, his hat in his hands. He looked upset, which was something you rarely saw.
"Bronco? Is everything okay?" I walked over.
He sniffled a little and took a deep breath.
"(Y/n), I just came from Lilac Street.. there was an accident... and I'm..."
He could barely keep in his tears. My mother walked up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder, equally confused as I was.
"Bronco what...."
Then I realized.
Lilac Street was the intersection where Ian would drive to get home from my house.
"No..."
"I'm so sorry, (y/n).. I wanted to get here sooner, but I had to tell Laurel and Barley.. they're down at the hospital but.. he's in horrible condition."
"What are you saying...?" I squeaked, unable to process what he was about to say.
"Ian... he's not going to make it..."
My heart dropped to the floor. I could feel it shatter into pieces as I cried out, covering my mouth with my hands. I collapsed to the ground and Bronco kneeled down, rubbing my back gently in comfort. I could hear both him and my mother crying.
This was it.
The end of the world for me.
The end of my world.

There I lay, on his bed, clutching his favorite flannel close to my chest.
I thought I would be better by now, but my heart still shattered at the thought of him.
His gorgeous eyes. His hair. His adorable nose. His loving touch. His kisses that could melt your heart as soon as you felt your lips on his.
I squeezed the flannel closer as tears strayed from my eyes.
"(Y/n), honey.. I got us a pizza if you're hungry,"
Laurel peeked her head in the door, a sad smile on her face. She had been the toughest out of all of us in this. She had to be. For her son. For herself.
For me.
God, I felt like such a burden to her. She was such an amazing and strong woman for going through this.
"I'm okay, Laur... I might head home soon."
"Are you sure? I know you haven't eaten all day.."
"I'm sure."
"Okay honey. I'll save some just in case."
Before she closed the door, she looked over at me once again.
"You can keep that flannel if you'd like, babe."
I looked at her and offered a smile. "Thank you."
She closed the door and I was left to Ian's room. I stood as I was about to leave, grabbing Ian's flannel from his bed, when I turned around and was met face-to-face by...
"Ian??"
"Don't scream!"
I opened my mouth to do so, but it was clasped shut by his cold hand. My eyes went wide.
This can't be real.
"Ian..." I whispered, and he smiled.
"Yeah.. it's me."
I gasped out a sob, and hugged him close.
It felt unnatural, though.
"Why..."
I looked him from head to toe.
His whole physique was paler than usual, and he glowed slightly.
"Now.. don't laugh.." he started, and I raised an eyebrow.
"I'm a ghost."
I raised both my eyebrows in shock, then cracked a smile, which turned into laughter.
"I said don't laugh!" He whined, crossing his arms.
"There's no way you're a ghost!" I laughed, then stopped. "Well..wait... how are you here then? You died in the crash?!"
"Again... ghost." He raised a smug eyebrow at me. "Or.. spirit. That's what I like better."
"Really.." I returned. "So am I the only one who can see you right now?"
"Yep.." he shrugged. "I'm not sure how you could touch me though. Thought that would've been more difficult."
"Really.." I said again. Then smirked a little. "So if I can touch you.. does that mean...?"
He caught on after a second, then smirked a little before pulling me closer.
"I suppose it does," he whispered, then connected our lips in a cold, yet loving kiss.
It was everything I missed. He was back. I couldn't believe it.
But.. I also couldn't believe that this was the reality.
"So... why are you here?" I asked after separating from our kiss.
"I'm.. not sure. I sort of ended up this way about a day ago. I guess this was just my punishment for my sins," he looked over and smirked, and I lightly punched him on the arm.
"Will you ever be... back..?" I asked, furrowing my brows.
"I don't know," he replied, cupping my cheeks gently. "But that's what I'm here to find out."

Comment for a part 2!!

Onward Oneshots/Imagines (occasional 16+!!)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara