Barley x (M)(depressed)Reader- A Break

Hey guys!
As a mildly depressed person myself, I know it's hard to read or see things that hit super close to home, like heavy depression symptoms. So I'm going to keep this one a little lighter. Let me know what you think! Requested by @AvaTaylorlover
And don't forget- if you guys ever need anything, I'm here. ❤️

"(Y/n)?"
Barley creaked the door open to see his boyfriend, face down into a pillow. His breathing patterns indicated he was, in fact, awake. (Y/n)'s limbs sprawled across the queen sized bed.
(Y/n) mumbled something through his pillow, and Barley chuckled.
"(Y/n), babe, it's 1 in the afternoon. You can't just stay in bed all day,"
(Y/n) turned his head so he could side-eye Barley. "Try me."
"Come on, I have some stuff planned for us today."
(Y/n) looked at Barley before turning his head back into his pillow. Barley raised an eyebrow, but sighed in relief as (y/n) slowly sat up, stretching and yawning.
He smiled. "I'll be out in 10. Is that okay?"
"Perfect," Barley smiled and blew him a kiss, to which (y/n) held his arm up and pretended to catch it. Once Barley left (y/n) stood and went to his dresser.
The days were getting a lot less harder with Barley around. He made (y/n) feel more motivated and ready to take on life. While with Barley he got out of bed more, applied for jobs, and even moved into a new apartment with his partner. But it was still hard. It was difficult to see any reason to keep going sometimes.
But Barley made it better.
He was always supportive, no matter what. He never blamed (y/n) for his mental state. He made him feel loved. Needed. Wanted. Important.
After (y/n) had gotten changed and went to the bathroom to shave, he walked down the hall to the living room, where he was greeted by Barley holding a bucket of microwave popcorn.
"Wha..."
Barley could barely contain his excitement. "Movie day!! I've got all of your favorite snacks, drinks, and I've got the DVR loaded with all of your favorites!"
"Barley... you shouldn't have.. this is amazing!!" (Y/n)'s smile grew wide and he could feel his heart pounding out of his chest from the serotonin boost.
"Come on, let's get to it!"
~*~
The third movie in was just enough for Barley to start to get tired. The movie day was full of fun, snacking, theorizing about the movie, and sometimes even a little making out.
Barley had rested his head upon (y/n)'s shoulder.
"Barley," (y/n) said.
"Hmm?"
"Thank you for today," (y/n) smiled down at the man on his shoulder. "Why did you do all this for me?"
"Well," Barley shrugged. "You've been doing so well. You've come out of your comfort zone much more often, and you're putting yourself in places that will put you forward. I'm proud of you. You just deserved a day off, and I wanted to make the most of it."
"You're the best," (y/n) smiled, and sealed his love with a sweet kiss as they finished the movie marathon.