Ian x Reader- Baby Steps

Request by @randomdragongirl !!

Ian and (y/n) sat at their dining table, eating breakfast. Both had bags under their eyes, but each were happy.
The reason being the elfling sitting in the high chair at the end of the table.
(Y/n) sat and watched her son pick his way through pieces of baby-safe cereal, finding the ones he liked most and cramming them in his little blue mouth.
Ian smiled at the two loves of his life. He couldn't imagine his life being any better than it was at that moment.
They had saved enough money to take extended maternity leave for the both of them. And they were loving every second of it.
Wilden II was absolutely wonderful. He was sweet, adorable, well-tempered, and he was intelligent.
Very intelligent.
He knew what made the couple tick, and he would use it to his advantage.
Meaning lots of late nights and tired eyes.
But today was a lazy Sunday, and (y/n) and Ian decided to take off working from home and spend some more time with Wilden.
"Okay, baby. Let's go," (y/n) stood and picked the baby up from his high chair, and Ian followed her to the living room. They set the baby down to play with his toys. (Y/n) sat and Ian sat behind her, his legs on either side of her.
"I'm so proud of him."
"We made that, babe," (y/n) looked behind her at her husband and smiled.
"Yeah, we did," he chuckled, and Wilden cooed as he played with the toys around him.
"I love the nickname Barley's given him," she continued, watching their son explore the area with bewildered eyes.
"I don't really get it though. I mean, Wilbur?" Ian responded.
"Well, WILden and BARley, just a letter changed."
"I mean yeah, but it's still weird getting used to. I do like it a little better for him now rather than an older man's kind of name."
"Yeah, exactly."
"We should probably change it back to Wilden when he..." he trailed off, and (y/n) furrowed her brow only to follow his gaze.
Wilden...er.. Wilbur had gotten on his feet and was slowly trying to inch his way down the couch.
"Do you think he's gonna..." (y/n) started to speak, but began to trail off as well, more distracted by her son's attempt at a milestone than finishing her sentence.
Wilbur finally made it to the end of the couch, and as if it were for dramatic effect, he slowly let go.
"Oh my gosh!" Ian and (y/n) spoke almost simultaneously, and sat up in their spots to watch their little boy move.
Wilbur giggled and kept steady as he walked toward his parents.
"Keep going, buddy!"
"You're almost there!"
Just before he made it to his mother's arms, he stumbled down, but that didn't stop him from smiling.
"Oh, Wilbur, baby I'm so proud!!" (Y/n) picked her son up and held him above so he could see both his parents.
"That was incredible, buddy!" Ian added, holding his family close.
Wilbur squealed in delight, waving his little arms around and giggling as his mom bounced him up and down, his curly hair flopping around with it.
"I'm so glad we were able to see that," (y/n) smiled at her husband, and he planted a small kiss on her nose.
"Me too," Ian replied. "Although I don't think Barley will like missing the moment I thought Wilbur was a great nickname,"
"I knew you'd come through to it," (y/n) smiled, then let Wilbur back down to play once again.