Ian x Reader: Fireworks

Hey guys!
Just a reminder that (y/n) doesn't always have the exact same personality traits or opinions as you readers.
Also some strong language.
enjoy! I hope I don't offend :)

The hill by New Mushroomington was the perfect place for (y/n) and I to watch the fireworks. But color me surprised when she told me she had never seen fireworks in her life.
At least not in person.
I didn't believe her at first, but it made sense after a while. She always told me she didn't like social interactions when she was younger, and the mere thought of blowing up gunpowder and cheering with adults just made her anxiety go wild.
But she told me everything changed after we met. For the better.
I'm glad I helped.
And I'm about to help even more, because (y/n) was going to have the greatest experience of her life: the Fourth of July fireworks.
A few blankets to keep us warm and a fast-food picnic was set on the hill on the warm summer evening, and it was almost dark enough for fireworks.
(Y/n)'s eyes were glued to the skyline, waiting. She opened her mouth and went "Ah," and I fed her a fry.
"(Y/n), you know staring at the sky won't make the fireworks go off any faster," I reminded her. "Ha!" She looked at me briefly before going back to the sky. "Bet."
I smirked and took the blanket off of my shoulder to ensure maximum stealth. Then without any hesitation I tackled her down, form enough to make her fall but gentle enough not to hurt her. I jabbed at her sides, causing her to squeal and laugh.
"Ian! Stoooop!" She giggled, squirming back and forth under my touch. "I can't breathe!!"
I stopped after a while, the both of us in a fit of laughter. Hovering over her, I smiled and planted a sweet kiss on her lips. Suddenly, a whistling sound echoed through the sky. Without hesitation, (y/n) shoved me off her chest and sat up in time to see the first firework pop in the air. A heavy gasp escaped her throat and I wasn't sure if she was even breathing for a second.
She was seated slightly behind me, so her arms wrapped around my shoulders and her chin pressed down on my left one. Smiling contently, I intertwined my fingers with hers, and continued watching the show.
After a while the fireworks stopped, and (y/n) was fully convinced it was over.
"That was incredible!" She laughed in shock and awe. "I'm sad it's over though.."
I laughed. She seemed confused.
"Words of a firework amateur," I tapped her nose. "We still have the grand finale to go through."
Her jaw dropped open. "Grand. Finale." She repeated. I nodded.
"No fuckin' way."
A pop drew our attention back to the sky, where what seemed like hundreds of fireworks bursted through the air and filled the dark sky with light. I felt (y/n)'s grip get tighter. She laughed and stood, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.
"Carry me," she whispered.
"What?"
"Just do it, Ian."
I chuckled at her ambition and allowed her to climb upon my back, her hands resting on top of my hair and flattening it down.
Her full focus on the lights was adorable. I had never seen someone more excited about fireworks.
"Hey you down there! Sit down!" I turned to see an older gnome waving his cane at us. I immediately dropped (y/n) back down to the ground before the both of us plopped back on our blankets.
"Well if he wanted a good view he should've sat in the front," (y/n) commented, stating her sentence in a fake mock. We both busted out in laughter.
The show finally ended, and I led her back to the car.
"I don't think I've ever seen a better fireworks show," I said to (y/n), turning the ignition.
"Hmm.. are you sure?"
"Well yeah, that was incredible!"
"I could show you a better one."
My hands tightened on the steering wheel at her suggestion. I know it was just kissing, but it still always made me nervous. I turned and smiled, and she laughed at my attempt at a casual look and leaned over, kissing my lips with her soft ones. I leaned into the kiss and closed my eyes, melting in my seat.
We parted after a minute and I nodded.
"You were right. That was a much better fireworks show."