Barley x Reader- Baby Steps

Barley opened the door slowly to his and (y/n)'s room, afraid to wake the sleeping babies on their bed.
Well, only one of them being an actual baby. The other was just a name.
(Y/n) was sprawled out on the bed, snoring and drooling, while Guinevere sat in her baby crib, half asleep while holding her baby blanket.
"Aw Gwinny..." Barley cooed, walking over to the baby's crib and picking her up.
At the sight of her father, Gwen perked up and smiled, and Barley knew what was about to happen.
"Gwen no-"
She squealed in delight for a chance to play, this waking the tired dragon of a mother on the bed.
"Oh no.." Barley mumbled.
"Ugh... all I ask is for an hour of peaceful rest, Gwen," (y/n) mumbled, then looked up to see her husband with the baby.
"Aw, my two babies."
"We were just going to go outside to play," Barley spoke softly. "Would you like to join us?"
"Yeah, I could use some fresh air." (Y/n) stood and stretched, and in the dim light of the window Barley could see the bags forming under her eyes.
He came to the quick conclusion that his wife was indeed a wizard. A talented one, at that.
"You are so brave and so strong, my love," Barley went and pecked her cheek, and (y/n) smiled sweetly.
"It's all for this family," she took Gwen from Barley's arms, holding her close. "And I wouldn't trade it for anything."
~*~
"Noble Princess Guinevere III, draw your weaponry!"
Barley wore a cape and Viking helmet outside, while his daughter wore a crown just big enough to fall over her face. She seemed to understand the command, however, because then she held up a tiny staff he had gifted her as well with a squeal.
"Barley, make sure she's careful with that thing!" (Y/n) laughed, watching the two.
"Fear not, Queen (y/n), your princess is in good hands." Barley chuckled and looked over to his daughter, who was struggling to crawl.
"Oh, honey, it's okay, don't push yourself-" he started, then suddenly he realized she was trying to stand.
"Shantar's Talon, (y/n), look!"
"Huh?" (Y/n) looked in the direction he was pointing, and gasped as Guinevere made it to her feet, and like magic started walking.
"Guinevere!" The couple said simultaneously, and Gwen looked at her parents before flopping down on her butt.
"Oh my goodness honey we're so proud of you!!!" (Y/n) went over to her daughter and picked her up.
"That's my little princess!" Barley said, turning away to mask his tears.
Guinevere giggled and tossed her staff at her father. Something that would have been frowned upon by (y/n), but only made her laugh.
"Princess Gwen says it's okay, daddy," (y/n) smirked, and Barley chuckled and went to take in his family in a warm embrace.