Barley x Reader- Dreaming Reptiles

Sneaking into Fantasy Park was the difficult part of getting into the Dreaming Reptiles concert. It was normal for teens to do, but (y/n) had never done it, and Barley had only once.
However once they got in, the mosh pit was the only other thing in the way of the perfect concert experience, at least as Barley described it.
"Okay, (y/n), you ready?!"
Barley took her hand and pulled her close.
"Ready? Ready for wh-"
All of a sudden (y/n) was in the air. She screamed but was soon silenced by the realization she was safe. She felt Barley's head slip under her and she was suddenly on higher ground on his shoulders.
"Wow! This view is much better!"
"What?! I can't hear you!!" Barley yelled.
"I said; 'the view is-'"
"Ooh! I love this song!" He yelled over the crowd.
The reptiles on stage began singing, and (y/n) smiled and sang along, sometimes riffing on an air guitar or keyboard keys.
Suddenly the atmosphere slowed down to a more serious song.
"Okay lovelies, we're gonna slow it down for a classic alt favorite from back in the day."
The drums beat and the guitar strummed slowly, and (y/n) reached down for barley's hand.

"And if the city's skyscrapers rise over this island
Would you be glad to see Manhattan for once?
I knew the dream, it died, JMZ line, Myrtle, and Broadway
But I'd be glad to see Manhattan for once"

"Hey, Barls?"
It was finally quiet enough for (y/n) to talk at a lower volume than screaming.
"(Y/n)?"
"I love you."
Barley looked up at the woman on his shoulders.
"I love you too, (y/n)."

Hey guys! I know The Lumineers are relevant, but I just thought this world would take place in the future.
Hope you liked it!