Ian x Reader- Ghost (pt 3)

Hey guys!
So so soooo sorry for not updating! College life is draining.
This will be the final part to the Ghost series. I'm not sure if I'll keep updating Oneshots. However I'll do my best :)
IAN'S POV

We had been sitting in (y/n)'s room for hours, listing all of my possible sins, unfinished businesses, or anything else that might have kept me from being seen by anyone except (y/n). There had been nothing that had come up that was entirely serious. I could tell (y/n) was tired.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just-" she was interrupted by a yawn coming from her throat.

"You should get to sleep," I went to caress her cheek, and I couldn't tell if she could feel it or not, but she leaned into the touch.

We walked over to the bed and she lay down. I sat down next to her and brushed my fingers through her hair. She smiled, then looked up to me.

"How fast do you think you can get to your house?"

"Not sure, but I know if I walk I won't get tired." I remember all of the walking I'd done, wide awake. I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to be sleeping.

"Can you get your Willowdale sweater from your house?"

I nodded. I know mom had left it be. She didn't want anyone else to touch it. I wasn't sure if she had thought it was a cursed object or something, but I know it had been untouched.

I climbed out the window and headed home, trying to grasp my head on the fact that I may have left some sort of unfinished business. Was it with a person? Had I wronged somebody? Did my death cause something?

I walked through to my house, and made it upstairs. Grabbing the sweater, but before I left I stopped in my tracks.

I walked over to my desk and pulled out a notebook. I dated the page for a few months before I passed.

If I die...

I gulped and held back tears as I realized this was my new reality. I pushed through and wrote a long and loving note to my family. I thanked my mom and brother for everything they did for me. I included Bronco in there, as well as (y/n).

I stuffed the notebook in my closet in a well enough so it wouldn't seem planted, but in an accessible place where they could find it eventually.

I headed back to (y/n)'s house and decided to walk through the door this time. I saw Ms. (l/n) on the living room couch, watching TV. I sighed and started to walk up the stairs, before something caught my eye. It wasn't anything new, the house looked almost exactly the same as it did before I passed. But for some reason it's like fate caught my eye.

(Y/n)'s acceptance letter to Willowdale.

I ran upstairs and through (y/n)'s door. She was fast asleep, so I decided to wait until she woke up to talk to her.

I decided to watch her (not creepily I promise) as she slept. I wasn't sure I'd be able to see her again, so taking it all in was the best I could do now. Her (h/c) hair was knotted into a working bun, probably from our brainstorming session. Her frame was curled up in a ball, snuggled under the covers.
Shantar's Talon. She was absolutely gorgeous.
And I had to let her go.

~*~

"Enroll?"
She had sat up in bed, hugging her knees to her chest. Her eyebrows dropped with worry, and I sat next to her, my hand caressing hers.
"I prevented you from attending Willowdale. That's why I'm still here."
"So.. I have to go to school?"
"(Y/n), I know how much you wanted to go to Willowdale. Don't let my passing get in the way of that," I lifted her hand to my lips and kissed it gently.
She looked unsure. I could tell in her body movement that she wanted to go.
"But.. what will I do without you there?"
"Don't worry, I'll always be there."I wasn't sure whether it was true or not, but I hoped it was. For her sake.

She pulled out her laptop and went to her emails. After filling out some forms, she hovered her mouse over the "Send" button.
"Ian?"
"Yes?"
"I love you."
I smiled and lifted her chin, pulling it close for a gentle kiss.
"I love you, too."
She pressed submit, and everything went white.