Manticore x Reader (Female)- Lunch

Request by: @TMNT2014_lover

Manticore's Tavern
$25
I eyed the gift card in my wallet as I contemplated my lunch plans. I had no idea why my friend got me this- I had never heard of the place- but I suppose it beats over-spending at a fast food palace.
I punched "Manticore's Tavern" into my phone's map feature and followed the directions. I pulled into the parking lot and glanced up at the large sign indicating I was at the right place. A banner was strung above the front doors reading "Grand Re-Opening!"
They must have just done some renovations.
I parked and waltzed into the restaurant. Empty chairs and tables.
Must not be popular enough to have a grand reopening.
"Excuse me ma'am," a woman came over from wiping down tables. "We aren't open yet, you can come back tomorrow for our grand reopening!"
"Oh, I'm sorry-" I began, when suddenly a large winged lion-scorpion woman burst through the swinging kitchen doors, letting out a heavy sigh.
"Ugh, I need lunch," she groaned, then looked up. Her ears perked up.
"Bianca, who is this?" She asked, turning to the woman who had just helped me.
"She came in for lunch. I told her we open tomorrow-" she started, but the giant woman cut her off.
"No need, dear. I need a lunch buddy," she chuckled. "And I doubt you'd die for lunch with your boss. You can go ahead on your break."
Bianca nodded and headed to the back. The woman held out a large paw.
"You can call me Corey," she smiled, then led me to a table.
Now THIS is weird...
~*~
Corey has gotten us lunch from the kitchen, and although I wasn't sure what to expect it was wonderful. I loved everything about it.
I had learned about her adventurous quests and great tales, getting more and more interested by the minute.
"Wait.. so YOU helped those elf boys defeat the dragon? No way!!"
She chuckled, and wiped some sauce off her mouth with a napkin. "Yep, that's me. I provided the sword and Ian did the rest."
"That's incredible!" I replied, taking a final bite of my food. I wiped my mouth as well and stood. "Well, I should probably get going. Here,"
I slid my gift card over to her and she shook her head, sliding it back. I frowned.
"Nah, save it for when we're open," she smiled warmly. "This one's on me."
I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks and I nodded, then waved and walked out of the restaurant.
I felt good.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been too active on here. I've been busy packing for college!
If you haven't yet, check out my Etsy: SpaceDawgCreations
And I have a TikTok! It's @heliumnoodle. I do cosplays and such there :)