Hamilfilm

Okay I can explain-
I'm a huge musical theatre nerd. In fact I'll probably minor it in college. So naturally I'm PUMPED about the new Hamilton film.
So here's how you'd watch Hamilton with the boys. I couldn't think of anything for Laurel but if you guys want me to I'll write one for her!
(god I'm such a nerd)

Ian
"Remote! Remote!"
"(Y/n) calm down, it's not like it's programmed!"
You reached for the remote to the TV, which was on the other side of your boyfriend. Just out of arm's reach.
You two had been waiting for this day for months, and it had finally arrived.
Hamilton Day.
You'd prepared snacks and drinks and all the sorts. You had even suggested a viewing party, but Ian wanted to watch it with just you. And you were fine with that.
"I'm so ready," you smiled and clenched your fists in excitement. Ian chuckled as he swiped through Disney+, looking for Hamilton through all the titles.
"Onward.. I wonder what that-"
"Focus, Ian! We're on a mission!"
Ian shrugged and pressed play on the Hamilton film, and thus began the musical of the decade.
~*~
"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now,"
You cheered as Eliza appeared on the screen, and Ian stood up and held out his hand.
"Dance with me?"
"This isn't exactly a slow song to dance to," you giggled. "It's a slow song for exposition."
"So?"
You looked at his hand and shrugged a little. Then, taking his hand, the two of you stood and swayed back and forth, watching the new parents talk about legacy on the television.
"
~*~
Three hours.
You two had gone through all the snacks and watched intently, singing along with the cast and feeling their emotions.
And there you sat, at the end of Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells your Story, faces covered in tears.
"Ian..."
He sniffled a little.
"Yeah, (y/n)?"
"Do you promise to love me like Eliza did Hamilton?"
He chuckled.
"As long as you promise the same," he replied, then brought you close in an embrace.

Barley
"(Y/n), hurry up! I'm all dressed and ready!"
You and Barley, giant fans of the musical, had planned a little party with the whole family, but since everyone else was busy, you two decided to make it a movie night. You had made popcorn, cookies, and even prepared some Virgin shots for the movie, drinking whenever Hamilton said something often.
"Dressed? What do you..."
You walked in to see Barley in a cape and Viking helmet, standing in a glorious pose.
"You're kidding, right?"
"No... it's a historical movie!" He blushed a little.
"LEE DO YOU YIELD?!"
Barley stood and imitated each of the characters that popped up on the screen. Out of all the duels in the soundtrack, this one always riled him up. All the duels did, really. Even though the film wasn't relevant to New Mushroomton history, he still loved the history of the duels in the show.
"You do know this is the most anti-climactic duel in the show, right?"
"Maybe," Barley replied, smirking down at you. You giggled and focused on the man in front of you, singing along with him.
~*~
"WAIT!"
Barley gasped as Burr shot Hamilton-
between the ribs.
"Oh my god," he whispered, keeping his eyes glued to the screen.
Something he'd been doing for the past hour.
"Barley, you know what was gonna happen," you chuckle, and he shrugged.
"I've never seen it in person, though."
The song passes, and Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells your Story plays.
Eliza is presented to the audience at the end, and she cries out. And the show goes to black.
"Why'd she do that?" Barley questioned.
"Lin was showing her how many people came to see her husband's legacy," You state, shrugging as if you knew this the whole time.
"Wow. That's incredible," Barley stated. "I hope I leave a legacy so I get a musical written about me."
"We can start right now," you smirked a little, and he cocked an eyebrow.
"How so?"
"Here's how I think the opening number will go:" you exclaim, then imitate hard rock air guitar. He laughs and hugs you close.
"Oh, (y/n), you know me too well,"

I hope you guys enjoyed! If you haven't seen Hamilton and you have Disney+ I highly recommend it. I cried like a baby.