Chapter 3: Betrayal

The photo's are not mine.

Shoto Todoroki's Point of View:

I arrived home. It was the usual... boring and dull. Dad left me here. He never came back after the first few days of school. He went back to japan and left me here. He had the instructions "Go to school, Never be late, never skip classes and don't misbehave" and left me. I followed it by literally not doing anything.

School ended already, it was my graduation today. I was ranked the highest place, won alot of medals but nothing mattered. No one congratulated me, no one liked me, no one even talked to. Only a number of people did but all can be counted through the use of my hands. It never exceeded at 10.

Only a few confession which I turned down immediately. Father would be furious and take my credit card. I also took the frame of my photo, my medals, all the certificate in a large box along with the others. I looked at the 'gold' medals and it didn't shine like Mr. Masaru said. But everything doesn't though. I've lost interest in all the things i'm doing.

My therapist told me to keep engaging in the activities I did. I did but it wasn't as much fun. I sighed and entered the large 'home' and ate lunch. I never ate lunch in school. "When will dad come back? When will I go back to japan?" I asked myself. I heard a car pull up infront of the mansion.

I saw a huge figure and my mind threw off. "Dad's here?!" I opened the door and greeted him inside. "Let's go!" He said firmly. "Pardon?" I said. My english accent audible through my japanese. "I sent you a message, didn't I?" He said again. Shoto looked at his phone and nothing was there. "I haven't recieved anything" and handed my phone to him. He did not indeed recieve anything.

He scoffed then said "Pack your stuff. Since you graduated we'll go back to japan, you have classes next next month. You'll be continuing Highschool there" he said. My eyes widened. I get to go back? Yes!!! I ran to my room and took my clothes, my other stuff, notebooks from classes ro help with my studies in japan. I also took my pills, art suppllies and put them in boxes.

All in all I got 15 boxes, 4 bags and a duffle bag filled with my stuff. I handed a box to father. "I hope you're proud" I say in a slight sarcastic tone while all emotion I once had was gone. The box was where I put all the certificates, trophies, and the medals. It probably was a shock for him, especially since I've changed alot since we've met. I'm now 14. He left me here for 6 years, all by myself.

I entered the car and sat at the back. I put in my headphones. I sighed again feeling all the emotion within me mix, making me hurl. I looked through my phone. I recieved alot of notifications due to my followers and likes at my post in instagram. I made an account just for my art. I just wanted to post shit. I never wanted fans, just needed some sort of attention or support even though I didn't know any people there.

I was lacking many things, which I tried looking for in social media which are support in my craft, advice, anyone that understands and anyone that can help me with my problems. The last one I still haven't found. I made a couple friends online and I appreciated them since I never gave my real identity to them.

I just like how they appreciate me too despite they don't know me and I like how they're my friends because of my personality, they didn't became my friend just for money or some other shit. Father didn't enter the car I was in but went in a separate one. Figures, he didn't wanna catch up. I wish I didn't give him the box. He won't even appreciate them... not like he ever did.

He will probably get angry at me because I only got those and not many. I couldn't get more of any accomplishments since the school only had little competition. The only competion I didn't join was the singing contest. I hated my voice. Also, I sometimes find my voice nice but I don't wanna embarass myself.