Chapter 14: Confidence

Confidence...is a feeling? A feeling of happiness and determination. At the same time the feeling of being content yet people mistake it as being happy about themselves by putting other people down. Disgusting....

Shoto Todoroki's Point of View:

I held my chest as the cloth seem to tighten around my body. Sweat and tears seem to mix as I cry and panic. Just earlier.... his loud raspy voice... and the way he hit the table when he's infuriated...It seem all to familiar.

I duck my head and tighten on body as I slam my head on the wall begging the heavens to stop this madness and fucking end me already. I slam again..and again.... and again.

Soon ice formed, enveloping me in the corner as the coldness seem to scatter like the hope of ever finding someone that will actually like me for what I truly am. When will people start to like me? Just by being me... Can I actually please people even help them just by being me?

Of course.... not.

How can a waste of space and an emotionless prick help anyone.

You're like a Brick wall... but brick walls are more interesting than you arrogant fucking dick.

I know. You've said that a hundred times.

Then why do you still fucking think that people would want YOU in their lives? Huh?

I just- I just want someone...to be...my-

Forget it! You think someone like you would fill their empty space? They may have good patience in enduring you but you'll just hurt them! Stop it! You can never bring anyone happiness as long as you're alive!

Suddenly through the darkness... a voice reached out. The door creaked open and a familiar being met my vision. "Hey, I already told you to stop thinking that!" He said. I looked up at him and he smiles at me "You know you can never lie to me, right? You may have forgotten what quirk I have" he said playfully.

I nodded and look down. I couldn't speak because the energy within me couldn't provide more for me to speak. He can read my thoughts so I decided to think rather than speak.
"I know... telepathy..." I thought.

"Ah, you remember. What can I expect from a bright prodigy! You're so intelligent" he says smiling. "I-i'm not... can you just-" my thought was cut of by him bring up my past awards through imagination "Remember what you've shown me? You won all spelling bee's, Science fairs, contests and even for physical and athletic ones!

You also managed to win a singing competition! But you didn't since you think that you have a weird voice, right," he asked. I nodded slowly. He gave me his phone and it was a link about voices. "If you can see here, it is proven that anyone can hate their own voices. Actually almost everyone does hate their own voice so don't think of it that way" he said in my head.

"Yeah but.... it's not also just me" I say. "But it is just you. Make someone listen to your singing. Let's see if they don't fall in love." He grinned. "But-" I was cut of by thought since he started talking "No buts! I dare you to join this one concert, it'll start tonight. You already made me listen to your singing once. In a call, remember? Here" he said while implanting his memory of me singing through our call.

At first it was just humming the notes until I actually sang the lyrics. It was Havana, by Camila Cabello. "It's really good! You have a raspy voice and a deep one at that. The breathyness makes it really alluring! Please join!" He demanded.

"But I have a trip to go to." I ask. "Then invite them!" He demanded. "I don't wanna sing if there's someone I know listening." I say. "Okay fine! Then do it for the old lady that you found yesterday. She hasn't come to the hotel right? Then give her the prize when you win" he guilt tripped me.