Chapter 15: Haunted House

Shoto Todoroki's Point of View:

I felt kinda... out of place. I know it's my fault for being quiet and hard to talk to and also unaproachable but.... I just want to be... involved?

I sat at a bench while the two had fun and ate cotton candy. I just stared at mine as it started to falter as rain started spewing all over.

Luke's Point of View:

I wanted to get to know katsuki.  He was kinda loud yet I wanted to know what kind of person he is. My quirk's kinda.... scary for some.  Especially for those with the darkest of secrets. Shoto wasn't even scared of me when I said I can read minds and talk to them just by listening to a person's voice.

Of course I couldn't see what they looked like through there but I could see what he was feeling and I can only see what he wants to show me
But I could also look into it more but I'm not that rude and impolite. When he learned about my quirk I thought he would hesitate to call me anymore but I was wrong.

He never minded it! He wanted to talk more. But the reason was saddening. He told me it helped him calm down sometimes. I got curious and also confused at first but I soon understood when he said "You can through my mind". It startled me at first but soon agreed.

He showed me only "parts" of the abuse. Most of it was neglect but after that.... it was basically it. I know he's hiding more. I'm just not... I don't want to break his trust since I'm practically the only one he has.

That's why I wanna get to know katsuki before they get close. I don't want shoto getting hurt so I'll make sure Katsuki's a good candidate and also to keep sho safe. He's been through a lot and I can only do this much to help him, after all he did help me with my insecurities with my quirk and was the first ever to listen.

"So.... Let's ride that one next!" He yelled pointing at a huge carousel. "I shouldn't be the one spending time with him now but I needed to make sure. "Sure, let's go" I say and smiled. We ride on these weird horses. Mine was black and white while his was black and orange. We ride a couple of rides and played a few games until we realized... it was raining.

Huge beads of water ran through our bodies as it started to pour. "Let's go! Before it starts to pour more" I say. He nods and ran towards a booth with a roof. We changed placed and ended up in this kind of mall type market.

The air conditioning hit our backs and sent shivers as we tremble through the cold. I took of my jacket and wet scarf. It was soaked but good thing my attire inside wasn't.  "Ummm where's Shoto?" He asked. "Shit! We forgot!" I yell. I ran to this store and bought 3 umbrellas. We ran back to the original spot where we planned on meeting.

I ran to a park with many people running past me wanting to receive shelter from the rain. I walk past them and heard yelling from katsuki warning people to stay away from him but due to speech block no one understood  him.  I pull him away from the crowd and start running. "Where could he be!?" He yelled.

"Yeah! Where did we left him?" I ask. Suddenly ice was on the floor? What? "Fuck, it may be Todoroki" I say. We follow the path and saw him sitting on a bench, drenched while looking up. His black polo sat on his frame, revealing his ripped figure.

He looked up and saw how majestic he looked, mismatched eyes glimmer through the night sky. His eyes showed emptiness and loss. He glanced at us and looked back up. Ice crawled it's way up his pants and he seem to like it.

He caressed his own ice as it envelop him but not gluing him on the bench. Ice littered along his revealed neck since 2 buttons were removed and his chest was slightly exposed. He sighed and we approach him slowly. "T-todoroki. Sorry for leaving you. We thought that you were running away from the rain..." I say.