Chapter 7: Words can Cut

Warning: Overthinking, Cutting and Mental abuse. Also, Rape and Racism

Shoto Todoroki's POV

Words. They're the only thing that I can use. I've always been hurt, cut down and be humiliated by their words. I've learned to speak their language so I have a weapon for me to use. I never liked hurting anyone with words but they molded me into this.

They gave me the anxiety to always think ahead. It's always tiring to always think scenarios, comebacks and jokes just to have the upper hand. Even to a friend. I've thought of hundreds of scenarios to use as what I can say back. I wish I could just say what I want without anyone calling out wrong grammar, wrong pronunciation and wrong stress in words.

I just woke up from a dream. In a scenario where I was locked up. Because of the kid from yesterday that I helped. What if she never spoke? What if I was accused of sexual harrasment or even rape. That would ruin....everything.

Sweat formed everywhere. Ice littered along my room. I panted and feel myself pull my own hair. The residue from the dream remained. The feeling of betrayal, loss of trust and what's left is a destroyed reputation. I sighed and looked at the time.....4:48 AM

It's too early. I tried to stand but... new bruises pulled me down. My sore body itching. My muscles tense and breathing fast. I stood up not wanting to get into my mind anymore. I swent to my bathroom and washed my face. I took my uniform and some underwear. It was just black boxers.

I enter the bathroom once more and stripped from my current clothes. I removed my oversized shirt and sweat pants.  I looked at the shower...I turned it to the hot temperature and sighed and turned it on. Steam covered the glass translucent shower walls that were tinted.

I applied shampoo and conditioner while looking down. I don't want to get shampoo in my cuts. I carefully run the soap on my sensitive skin. My father didn't believe I had sensitive skin. Not until I was put in a doctor's office to see a dermatologist.

He didn't believe me when I said my skin stung when I touch something dirty. Apparantly my OCD worsened due to my skin condition. I was extra careful when stepping outside. That's why I somehow hate the beach.
It's just so....   Unsafe?

I sighed and let the water run down my body. It stung when it hit some bruises and cuts but it faded when I turned it to cold. The soap left a little residue which I rubbed off. I carefully stepped out and turned off the shower. I pat tge towel along my whole body and let it hand on my shoulder. I wore my clothes and look in the mirror.

Bite marks...Hickeys...bruises ...
Cuts.....burns.....

I shiver as I saw them litter along my torso and to my neck and jawline. I grabbed my ointments and applied it. I applied moisturizer and primer on my face and neck. I carefully apply foundation that was the perfect color for my skin.....pale.

I used the sponge (Beauty blender) to apply most of the foundation to my whole face and jawline and neck. Then I used concealer. Especially for the bags under my eyes. I applied a long swab of a stick of concealer underneath my eyes. I also put some on my hickeys that were showing.

I hate them. I hate this skin.

I looked at myself and applied setting powder underneath my eyes and jawline. As much as possible I don't want anyone knowing I use make-up.
I use powder to lessen the shinyness of the liquid concealer.

I sigh and I was done. I looked at my stuff then arranged it back. I saw the spare glasses and spare clothes just incase. The time was now 5:54 AM
I head downstairs and ate. No one was there...of course. Natsuo and Fuyumi already left me. I said I'd do anything so that they never got hurt...but sometimes I wished they did.