Part 1

It's 7 in the morning on January 3rd. Ayesha, Jaimi, and Meera are sleeping in the living room. The house phone rings waking the three up. Jaimi answers the phone as she's the closest to it.

Jaimi: Hello! (She mutters)

Jaivardhan: Tum teeno abhee tak jage nahin hon?

Jaimi: Ham jag gaee hai!

Jaivardhan: Thik he! Maine yeh bata ne ke liye phone Kiya tha ki Maine tum teeno ki plane ki tickets book kara dee hai.

Jaimi: Kaha ke liye? (Shocked)

Jaivardhan: Ahmedabad! Mujhe Kuch bahut important baat karani hai aur main chaahata hoon ki Ayesha aur Meera bhi tumhare saath vaha rahen.

Jaimi: Sab thik hai nah?

Jaivardhan: Haan!

Jaimi: Mera aaj interview hai iss liye mein aaj aa nahi paungi.

Jaivardhan: No excuses! I want you three to be at our house in the evening. End of the discussion!

Jaimi: par...

Jaivardhan: I've mailed you the tickets! Bye!

Jaivardhan uncle cuts the call. Jaimi tells the other two about the conversation. The three get ready and are eating breakfast.

Jaimi: I wish I get the job in that company.

Meera: What's the name of the company?

Jaimi: Ayesha waha kaam karti hai, Indie Music Label!

Meera: Tum dono mujhe jaate hue court chod dena or else I'll be late for the hearing.

They quickly finish their breakfast and leave their house. They go downstairs and Ayesha goes to get the car. Jaimi and Meera see Jyothi Malik, Armaan's mom. The two walk towards her and greet her. She greets them back as well.

Jyothi: Jaimi, Armaan kal se tumse baat karna Chahta tha but he couldn't contact you because your phone was switched off.

Jaimi: Haan, maine aaj subah hi dekha! My phone died yesterday. I'll talk to him when I come back from the interview.

Jyothi: Kuch zyada urgent nahi hoga! Tum usse shaam ko baat kar lena.

Jaimi: Hum aaj shaam ko Ahmedabad jaa rahe hai toh...

Ayesha pulls the car near them.

Jaimi: Mein aake usko call kar dungi. Bye, aunty!

Jyothi: Bye beta! Good luck for your interview!

Jaimi: Thank you!

The three leave from there. Ayesha and Jaimi drop Meera off at the court. They reach the Indie Music Label's office by 8:55. Ayesha goes to her desk and Jaimi follows her. Ayesha goes into the cabin closest to her desk while Jaimi is sitting at her desk. Jaimi is on her phone texting Armaan. Ayesha comes out after a minute and calls Jaimi in for the interview. Jaimi follows Ayesha into the cabin. There's a male sitting behind the desk.

Naushad: Good morning! Please have a seat.

Jaimi: Thank you!

Jaimi sits on one of the chairs across from him.

Naushad: Mera naam Naushad Khan hai!

Jaimi: Good morning sir! Mera naam Jaimi Patel hai.