Part 9

It's 6:50 in the morning. Jaimi, Ayesha, and Advay are standing in the living room. Chetana, Jaivardhan Uncle, and Jaya aunty come out of their room.

Jaimi: Di, Diya kaha hai? Usko bhi aana tha na.

Chetana: Usko weather change ki wajah se fever hai. Tum log jaake aao mein usko yahi paas mein ghumne le jaungi.

Jaimi: Thik hai.

Jaivardhan: Sambhal ke jaana tum sab!

Ayesha: Ji. (Yawning)

Jaimi: Aap sab ab so jaiye, hum bahar jaake wait karte hai un dono ka.

Jaya: Thik hai. Dhyan se jaane aur kuch khaa lena. Thik hai?

Jaimi/Ayesha: Ji.

They all bid the three farewell. The three go out of the house. They're waiting by the gate of the house by 6:55. Advay is sitting on Jaimi's hips. Darshan and Jyugal pull up on their bike in front of the gate. They see Darshan and Jyugal sitting on the bike looking at them with a smile. Ayesha opens the gate for them to go out. She looks at Jaimi who is standing there frozen in her spot and is breathing heavily. Her eyes are watering but she's trying very hard to keep the tears from falling.

Advay: Jai, chalo!

Jaimi is unresponsive to Advay. Ayesha stands in front of Jaimi and shakes her to bring her back to consciousness. Jaimi comes  back to her senses. She rapidly blinks her eyes a few times to keep the tears from falling. She looks at Ayesha with a blurry vision due to the tears. She again blinks her eyes to clear her vision. Ayesha looks into Jaimi's eyes which show the pain.

Ayesha: Jai, please move on! Woh sirf tera past tha aur kuch nahi. Usko aur usse judee saari memories sirf tera past hai. Darshan ke saath ek nae shuruaat kar de. Past ko yaad karne se koi faida nahi hai. He was, is, and always will be your freaking past!

Jaimi nods her head in agreement. She takes a deep breath and slowly exhales it.

Jaimi: Usse ab mera koi rishta hi nahi hai toh woh ya Phir uski yaado se mujhe koi fark nahi padta. He doesn't matter to me! He's just a phase in my life jisse mein ghuzar chuki hoon aur bahot kuch seekh chuki hoon.

Ayesha: Now, the queen is back to her throne! Please soch mat iske baare mein aur Darshan ke saath thoda time spend kar.

Jaimi: Hmm!

Jaimi takes a deep breath. They walk out of the gate and Ayesha closes it behind her. They stand in between the two bikes.

Advay: Mujhe Rockstar ke aage baithna hai!

Jaimi looks at Advay then at Darshan who has a neutral expression on his face.

Jaimi: Adi tum mere saath picche baith jao.

Advay: No Jai! Mujhe Rockstar ke aage hi baithna hai.

Darshan: Ok!

Jaimi looks at Darshan. She gives him her sorry look.

Jaimi: Aa... are you um... sure?

Darshan: Yeah!

Jyugal: Bhabhi aap uski tension mat lo! Woh toh abhi future ke liye training le raha hai.

Jyugal looks at the two with a mischievous smile. Ayesha nudges Jaimi and raises her eyebrows for a quick second then, gives Jaimi her playful smile. Jaimi turns red and blushes. Darshan gives Jyugal death glare to which he reciprocates with a smile. He takes out his phone and texts Jyugal.