Part 41

It's 9 in the morning on March 23rd. Jyugal is showing Naushad and Mehjabeen the video of Heli and Darshan's fight on that Monday when Heli got bailed out. Around 9:15, when they're done watching the video, Darshan steps into the room. Jyugal quickly puts away his phone as the three try to keep a neutral look on their face. They smile at Darshan who gives them a skeptical look. He sits down across from Naushad.

Darshan: Uh...?

Naushad: J... Jaimi... ke baare mein kuch pata chala?

Darshan: Nahi. Aap ko usne bataya ki woh sab kab wapas aa rahe hain?

Naushad: Nahi! Meri toh Jaimi se kaam ke silsile mein hi baat hoti hain.

Darshan: Bhabhi aap?

Mehjabeen: Nahi! Meri toh last police station mein baat hue thi sab se phir kisi se nahi hue.

Darshan nods his head. The intercom goes on in the conference room.

Receptionist: Sir?

Naushad: Yes?

Receptionist: Jaimi ma'am ka phone aaya tha ki woh parso se wapas join karegi!

Darshan: Phone kab aaya tha?

Receptionist: Abhi kuch minute pehle hi aaya tha!

Naushad: Ok!

The intercom goes off.

Jyugal: Kya kar raha hain yaar?

Naushad: Aise usko puchega toh pure office mein phir se news phail jaaegi ki tumhara aur Jaimi ka divorce hone wala hain ya tum dono ke beech mein koi problem hain.

Mehjabeen: Iss baar Jaimi rokegi bhi nahi!

Darshan nods his head understanding what they said. Heli walks into the cabin and takes a seat beside Darshan.

Darshan: Bhai, mera kuch kaam nahi hain toh mein nikalta hoon!

Naushad: Yeh contract sign karna hain phir kuch kaam nahi hain!

Naushad hands him the contract and points to the places which need his signature. Darshan signs it and is about to get up and leave when Heli catches his wrist. She turns the chair so she could see him. He wiggles his hand to get it out of her grip, but she tightens it.

Darshan: Leave my hand!

Heli: No!

Darshan: Just leave my hand dammit!

Heli: Meri baat suno phir chod dungi, please!

Darshan turns his head away, but nods seeing Heli is adamant. His words were cold.

Darshan: Bolo.

Heli pulls out the chair he was sitting on and makes him sit. He looks into her eyes then, away,

Heli: I know ki tum mujhse gussa ho! Par please, meri baat ek baar suno. Tum jo kahoga mein wahi karungi. Mein Jaimi se maafi bhi maangane ke liye ready hoon. Please, tum mujhse door mat jao. I can't live without you! I was just afraid that I might lose you. That's all! Mujhe nahi pata tha ki yeh case itna serious ho jaaega. I'm sorry!

Darshan looks at her from the corner of his eyes as he's staring out of the window. She looks like she's about to cry. After a minute of silence, a tear escapes Heli's eyes. Darshan turns to face her.