Part 16

They reach the parking of Darshan's building after 20 minutes. It's 1:45 now. Darshan gets out from his side and opens the door for Jaimi. Darshan holds his hand out as he sees Jaimi struggling to get out of the car due to her heavy lehenga. Jaimi takes his hand and gets out of the car. Jyugal and Hardik open the back of the car and get Jaimi's bag. They all take the elevator to Darshan's flat. Jaimi feels a bit awkward as people were looking at them from their windows and all. The door to Darshan's flat is open as Jaya aunty is standing at the door with aarti ki thali. She does Darshan and Jaimi's aarti then sprinkles flower a few flower petals on them. She puts a copper urn before Jaimi's feet that is filled with rice.

Jaya: Jaimi, apne right pair so laat maaro!

Jaimi: Ji!

Jaimi lightly kicks the urn and the rice falls out of it as the urn falls. Then, Esha places a tray which had vermilion paste in it and then, she lays down a clean white cloth in front of the tray.

Jaya: Tum apne pair kumkum wale karo aur phir kapde pe chalo taaki tumhare pairo ki chaap pad jaae is pe.

Jaimi: Thik hai.

Jaimi picks up her lehenga and steps into the tray. Then, she walks on the white cloth leaving behind her red footprints. Darshan walks around the cloth. Jyugal and Hardik come into the house with Jaimi's bag.

Esha: Jaimi aur Bhai aap dono aamne saamne baith jaiye!

Darshan: Kyu?

Esha: Game khelne ke liye!

Darshan: Raat ke do baje kaun game khelta hain?

Jaya: Tum dono kheloge abhi par usse pehle Rajal bhabhi aur bhagwan ke aashivaad lelo.

Darshan nods his head and walks towards the small temple in the house with Jaimi. They fold their hands and then, close their eyes to pray.

Jaimi: Is that your mom?

Darshan: Yeah!

Jaimi: She's beautiful!

Darshan: I know!

They both side down on the little setup made in the living room with two chairs and a table. There's a tray placed on the table with vermillion and water mixed liquid in the tray.

Jaya: Iss rasam ko Aeki Beki kehte hai aur mein iss mein ek anguthi daalungi. Tum dono ko anguthi teen baar dhundh ni hai.

Esha: Iss rasam mein kehte hai ki jo zyada baar anguthi dhundhta hai woh dominant karta hai. Jaimi jeetna hai!

Jaimi smiles at Esha while Darshan frowns.

Darshan: Tu meri behen haina?

Esha: Haan, par mein Jaimi ki childhood friend bhi toh hoon! Aur waise bhi you know girl power and all?

Darshan: Yeah!

Jaya: Ab rasam shuru karte hai! Phir, kal subah bhi rasamein karni hai.

Jaya aunty drops the ring in the tray and stirs it. Jaimi and Darshan put their hand in the tray and start searching for the ring. Jaimi and Darshan's hand touch each other's a lot and every time it does a shock runs through Jaimi's body. Jyugal and Hardik are cheering Darshan while Esha is cheering Jaimi. Jaimi find the ring the first time. Darshan finds it the second time. Then, Jaimi finds the ring the third time and wins.

Esha: See bro, girl power won!

Darshan: Definitely!

The girls clean up and then, everybody is gathered in the living room.