Part 23

Darshan: I'm not joking. I'm sorry Jaimi!

Jaimi: If you didn't want to be in this relationship then, why did you marry me?

Darshan: Mein tumse mila usse do teen din pehle hi maine apni girlfriend ke saath breakup kiya tha. Aur aaj jab mein usse mila toh mujhe realize hua ki hum dono ek dusre ke bina reh hi nahi sakhte. Meine tumse shaadi ke liye haan kaha kyuki mujhe tum pasand aae thi par woh meri life hain. Hum teen saal tak relationship mein the.

There's a long silence after that.

Darshan: Mein uske bina nahi reh sakhta. Mein usko khona nahi chahta. Mein tumhare saath rahunga toh nahi tumhe khush rakh paunga ya nahi khud khush rahunga. Yeh rishta sirf nibhaane ka reh jaaega. Hum dono 6 mahine tak ek friend ki tarah reh sakhte hain phir tum family ko keh dena ki mera affair chal raha hain so divorce aasaani se ho jaaega.

Jaimi thinks about it for a minute then, nods her head. Darshan's phone rings and he gets stressed talking to the person on the other side.

Darshan: Uska hi call tha woh bahot darr gae hain.

Jaimi: Tum jao!

Darshan: Mein Jyugal ko kehta hoon ki woh tumhe ghar drop kardega.

Jaimi doesn't say a word to him. He leaves after calling Jyugal. She stood there frozen for a few minutes. Just then, the receptionist tapped her. She quickly blinked a few times to focus her attention.

Jaimi: Huh?

Receptionist: Dinner mein aap dono kya lena pasand karenge?

Jaimi: Kuch nahi!

Jaimi walks away. She walks out and away from the hotel. She walks on the deserted road leading into the Aarey Colony. She sat on the wooden bench that is placed under a tree. She starts weeping remembering hat Darshan said to her. After a few minutes, Amaal passes by the bench and sees a female sitting on the bench who looks like Jaimi. He puts his car in reverse gear and stops his car in front of the bench. He rolls down his window and sees Jaimi crying. He quickly gets out of his car and wind starts to blow. The lightning strikes in the sky and it starts to drizzle. He stands in front of Jaimi.

Amaal: Jaimi, tum yaha kya kar rahi ho? Tum ro kyu rahi ho? Kya hua?

Jaimi gets up and hugs him tightly. He wraps his arms around her as well. He fondles her silky black hair to calm her down. He feels that her body is very hot. He breaks the hug and takes off his jacket. He puts his jacket around Jaimi then, sits her down in the front passenger seat. He seats on the driver seat and rolls up the window. He turns to look at Jaimi.

Amaal: Kiddo, kya hua tujhe? Why are you crying? Kisi ne tujhe kuch kaha?

Jaimi doesn't say a word and seats there frozen.

Amaal: Kiddo, talk to me nah! Tujhe kisse baat karni hain? Darshan ko call karu?

Jaimi: Nahi! Bhai, mujhe ghar le chalo, please!

Amaal: Thik hai par pehhle hum dono doctor ke paas jaa rahe hain.

Jaimi: Bhai, mujhe abhi ghar hi jaana hai. Mujhe koi doctor ke paas nahi jaana.

Amaal: Thik hai par tu pehle rona band kar!

Jaimi wipes her tears. Amaal wears his seatbelt and drives towards Raj Classics.