Part 55

It's 7 in the morning on April 22nd. Darshan's phone rings. He answers the call, still half-sleep.

Darshan: Hello?

Naushad: Darshan!

Darshan: Haan Bhai?

He sits up on the sofa and looks out of the glass window as he stretches.

Naushad: Woh ghar ka saamaan lene jaana tha toh aaj 9 baje chalte hain. Meine Jyugal aur Hardik ko bhi bata diya hain!

Darshan: Thik hain!

Naushad: Mein Jyugal aur Hardik ko pick karte hue tumhare ghar aaunga. Mehjabeen hum sab wapas nahi aate tab tak waha rahe toh chalega?

Darshan: Of course!

Naushad: Ok then! Fresh ho jao aur list bana dena.

Darshan: Ji!

Naushad: And, Jaimi ko remind kar dena ki 8:45 ko meeting shuru karni hain.

Darshan: I will!

Naushad hangs up the call. Darshan quickly gets ready. He goes down and makes a list of everything needed in the kitchen. He makes his personal list before going up the stairs. He sees the bedroom and the bathroom are empty. He understands that Jaimi is in the closet. He goes down to the kitchen and makes tea. He quickly drinks his and is about to pour a cup for Jaimi when the bell rings. As he starts towards the door, he sees Jaimi going into the home office. He welcomes Naushad, Mehjabeen, Jyugal, and Hardik into the house. They all sit in the living room.

Darshan: Aap sab kya lenge?

Naushad: Kuch nahi! Jaimi kaha hain?

Darshan: Office mein hain!

Naushad: Oh! Hume ab chalna chahiye warna phir sab toot padenge.

Darshan: Yeah.

Mehjabeen: Mujhe office kaha hain woh dikha do.

Darshan: Ji! Ek second, mein aata hoon!

Darshan goes to the kitchen and quickly pours the tea in the cup. He takes the cup with him as he goes to the home office followed by Mehjabeen. He peeps in before entering. He places the cup in front of Jaimi and she smiles at him.

Darshan: Mein Bhai ke saath sab lene jaa raha hoon. List message kar dunga so uske alawa kuch bhi chaiye ho toh call kardena.

Jaimi nods her head. Mehjabeen takes a seat on the sofa as Darshan leaves. The boys get into Naushad's car and drive to one of the biggest convenience stores in Mumbai. They wear their mask and grab their lists as they step out of the car. They go into the store and grab a cart and stand in the middle not knowing where to start.

Naushad: Masale lena kis ko aata hain?

They look at each other hoping one would answer.

Darshan: Bhai, chalo waha masale ke aisle mein jaake dekhte hain!

They nod their head and go to the spice aisle. On the other hand, Jaimi and Mehjabeen chat as they are waiting for everyone to join the Google Meet. Jaimi starts giving eveyone their task and discussing important points once everyone is in the meeting. After a few minutes, her phone rings. They both chuckle reading the name on their screen.

Jaimi: Excuse me, guys! Aap log apna kaam shuru kar sakhte hain. I'll see you guys around 4:30 to see the progress. Bye! Stay safe!

Jaimi ends the meet and answers the call. She puts it on speaker.