Part 14

It's 9 in the morning on January 24th. Darshan arrives at the plot, and Rajendra uncle instructs him to sit under the mandap, which he does. He is talking to Jyugal and Dhruwal, who are standing beside him when they see Jaimi walking towards them with Ayesha and Meera. He notices that she is wearing a bright yellow slim strap top and pants. Jaimi looks up and finds him wearing a pastel yellow kurta that has white designs on it with white pyjama. Jaimi sits beside Darshan under the mandap.

The guests start to pour in and are surprised to see the decoration of Haldi, which is red, pink, and white, not the typical yellow shades

The guests start to pour in and are surprised to see the decoration of Haldi, which is red, pink, and white, not the typical yellow shades. The guests like the color theme of Haldi. All the guests have arrived by 9:30 and have all sat down. Esha brings the bowl of Haldi to the mandap and places it on the small mirror worked bajot(stool) in front of Jaimi and Darshan's chair.

Jaya: Haldi ki rasam shuru karte hai!

Jaya aunty, Jaivardhan uncle, and Rajendra Uncle bend down and apply some haldi paste to their hand. Then, Jaya aunty and Jaivardhan apply it to Jaimi's hand, feet, neck, and face. Rajendra uncle applies haldi on Darshan's hand, feet, neck, and face. Then, they switch. Chetana, Esha, Darshan's uncle, and aunt are next in line. Then, Jaimi's relatives and second cousins come one by one. The guests get up from their seats one by one or in couple and apply haldi on Jaimi and Darshan. The guests step away from the mandap to grab refreshments as the counters have started serving. The last few people left by 10:30 are Naushad, Jyugal, Hardik, Dhruwal, Dushyant, and Akasa on Darshan's side, and Ayesha, Meera, Neel, Armaan, Amaal, and the Delhi gang on Jaimi's side. The six on Darshan's side apply haldi and stand aside then, Ayesha, Meera, Rewa, Palak, Setu apply haldi. Armaan, Amaal, Rithwik, Vikrant, Rohit, and Aman are standing in front of Darshan and Jaimi looking at her mischievously.

Jaimi: Guys, don't even think about it!

Amaal: Par humne toh soch liye!

Jaimi: Bhai, maine aapka kya bigada hai?

Rithwik: Kya kya bigada hain tune?

Armaan: Meri toh raatein bigadi hain pichle 6 saal se!

Jaimi: Sorry! Pakka ab koi shaitani nahi karungi. Please, mat karo!

Vikrant: It's too late now!

Jaimi: Thik hai par please, hair aur aankh mein nahi!

The boys apply haldi to Darshan's face, hands, and feet. Then, they apply the leftover haldi in the bowl to their palms and rub their palms on Jaimi's face, neck, arms, and feet. They laugh after seeing her body covered in Haldi.

Jaimi: Maan, Bhai, aur Vicky idhar aao!

Amaal and Vikrant sit on their knees to get to Jaimi's level. Jaimi quickly applies Haldi to both their cheeks. They smile at her.

Jaimi: Vicky shaadi karle!

Vicky: Ladki mile toh na! Yeh haldi saari shaadiyon mein log mujhe laga chuke hain.