Part 52

Mehjabeen opens the door and lets Jaimi into their house. The three settle themselves down in the living room. The house help brings a glass of water. Jaimi takes a small sip and returns it after saying thank you. 

Jaimi: Bhai aap ko kuch baat karni thi?

Naushad: Haan! Kal raat Darshan kaha tha?

Jaimi: Bhai woh... woh kal raat der tak ghar nahi aaya tha aur phir mujhe Rudra ne message kiya ki woh club mein tha. 

Mehjabeen: Club?

Jaimi: Haan! Raat ko dedh bottle vodka peeli thi by the time I got there. Par kya hua?

Naushad hands Jaimi his phone after typing Darshan's name on google. Jaimi scrolls through and sees at least 20 to 25 articles with pictures and videos of her and Darshan from the club last night. Her eyes widened in shock. 

Naushad: Ab yeh mess ko kaise sambhale? Iss wajah se Darshan ki image damage ho gae hain. 

Mehjabeen: Iska kuch solution hume dhoondhana chahiye!

Jaimi: I'll handle the media houses. They'll take it down. 

Naushad: Woh nikal toh denge agar hum apna power use kare toh... par yeh baat ab sab ke dimaag mein hain. Social media se kaise hataenge. Waha Darshan ke fans sawaal kar rahe hain. 

Mehjabeen: Yeh sab uss Heli ki wajah se ho raha hain!

Jaimi is constantly thinking about what to do. After a few minutes of silence, Naushad comes across a thought which seems reasonable to him. 

Naushad: Ek raasta hain!

Jaimi: Kya?

Naushad: Ek song hain jo hum club mein shoot karne wale the toh hum issi club mein shoot karte hain. Hum shoot karle tab yeh keh denge ki hum song ki shooting kar rahe the. Sirf, ek problem hain!

Mehjabeen/Jaimi: Kya?

Naushad: Jaimi ko iss album mein actress ka kaam karna padega kyu ki woh bhi inn saare viral videos or photos mein hain so... Jaimi tum karogi?

Jaimi: Yes! Anything, for his image to be what it was before. 

Mehjabeen and Naushad smile looking at each other as Jaimi said yes without thinking about it even once. They discuss how everything will happen. Jaimi calls Barrel and Co. She gets permission from them to shoot and finalizes the dates. They chat till 5:30. Jaimi bids them goodbye and drives towards home. She gets a call from one of the heads in Patel industries. She talks to him as she takes the elevator up to the penthouse. She opens the door using her keys and goes straight into the shoe closet. She comes out and sees Darshan sitting with a group of people. She recognizes Mansheel and Akasa. The voice on the other end of the call breaks her trance. 

Jaimi: If I'm having to do all this then, why do I pay you all? Mujhe yeh saare task Sunday se pehle finish chahiye warna apna resignation mujhe email kar dena. Or else, the termination letter will be at your doorsteps. Did I make myself clear?

The person on the other end hums in response. The others are looking at Jaimi with wide eyes. Darshan gets up and walks towards her. The two sit beside each other on the sofa. 

Darshan: Jaimi, tum Akasa aur Mansheel se shaadi mein mili thi par yeh sab bhi mere pehle reality show mein contestants the. Yeh Mohit Gaur hain. This is Rituranjan Mohanty. Yeh Rimi Nique hain. And, last, but not least Dipti Sharma. 

He points towards them as he introduces them to Jaimi. 

Darshan: And, this is my beautiful wife Jaimi Patel.