Part 33

It's February 14th. Jaimi reaches home by 1 in the afternoon. She opens the house with her keys and finds Darshan sitting in the living room switching channels on the tv. He gets up and jumps over the sofa as he hears footsteps. He greets her with a warm smile. Her lips automatically curved into a smile seeing him smile. Heli walks out of the kitchen to the living room and sees Darshan walking towards Jaimi. She walks a bit faster and encircle her arm around his and pulls him back a little. Jaimi forces a smile on her face and Heli reciprocated with a fake smile.

Heli: Let's go, baby! Lunch ready hain.

Darshan: Jaimi, tum bhi hume join karo!

Jaimi: No, thank you! Mera Raj Classics pe lunch ready hain so you two enjoy. I'll lock the door on my way out.

Jaimi paces towards her room trying get away from the two. Heli pulls Darshan to the dining area where they settle themselves for lunch. Jaimi puts her laptop in the closet and grabs her clutch. She quietly leaves the house avoiding Darshan. She drives to Raj Classics picking up her dress from a boutique on her way. She has lunch with Ayesha and Meera. On the other hand, lunch at Darshan's house is Heli talking nonstop about her show while he answers with nods or hums. They clean up and sit in the living room.

Heli: Tum mujhe pick karne aaoge na?

Darshan: Nahi! Mujhe kuch kaam hain, so tum apne friends ke saath aa jaana.

Heli: But...

Darshan: Heli mujhe abhi koi argument nahi chahiye. And, tumhe ready bhi hona hain so I think you should go home and get ready.

Heli: Yeah. Mujhe ready bhi hona hain.

She gets up and wraps her arms around Darshan's waist. She rests her head on his chest.

Heli: I love you!

Darshan hums in response. She pecks his cheek and leaves. Darshan closes the door behind her. He goes to the studio and starts working on a tune. After an hour or so, the bell rings. He opens the door to find Naushad, Jyugal, and Hardik there. He lets them in.

Hardik: Chal tera ghar dikha! Uss din toh living room aur balcony hi dekhi thi. Heli ki taano ki wajah se!

Jyugal: Aadat daal le! Inki Heli se shaadi ke baad humara phone bhi nahi uthaenge kyuki yeh toh wohi karte hain jo woh chahti hain.

Darshan: Jyugal!

Naushad: Iss matter ko yahi close kare toh behtar hoga. Darshan tum hume house tour dedo.

Darshan nods his head and gives them a tour of the house. They all come back to the studio.

Naushad: So, tum aur Jaimi ab alag room mein rehte ho?

Darshan: Yeah.

Hardik: Bhabhi ne kuch kaha?

Darshan: Nahi! Woh jabse mere saath wapas rehne aae hain tabse mujhse door hi reh rahi hain. Pooraane ghar pe bhi woh living room mein soti thi, so meine hi decide kiya tha ki hum dono alag room mein rahenge.

Hardik: Aaj raat ko kitno ke liye ticket book karani hain?

Naushad: Hum chaar, Mehjabeen, Dhruwal, Heli, Aashi, Zain, aur Surbhi. Dus log!

Darshan: Jaimi aur woh sab?

Naushad: Un logo ka aaj raat ka kuch aur plan hain!

Darshan: Mein coffee leke aata hoon sab ke liye!