Part 53

Armaan walks into the conference room. He greets everyone and takes a seat beside Ayesha. They all turn their attention to the tv screen as the content starts playing. Jaimi places her hand on her eyes while Mehjabeen's face is in her palms. The fear is visible on their face as they think about how others will react. After the first few seconds, Heli and Surbhi's mouth dropped to the floor. Heli quickly turns off the TV. Aashi and Ayesha are smiling at each other. Mehjabeen looks up and sees Naushad looking at her. He raises his eyebrow questioning her. She nods her head in no. Darshan's eyes travel to Jaimi who is covering her eyes with her hand. He places his hand on hers. A shock runs down her spine numbing all her senses. He gently removes her hand and looks into her eyes. She looks down at her lap. 

Darshan: Jai...

Mehjabeen: Darshan, jo situation thi ussi hisab se humne sab kiya. Iss mein Jaimi ki galti nahi hain!

Jaimi: I know ki mujhe woh nahi karna chahiye tha par Heli ne USA mein meri family ko do baar phone kiya aur dhamki di thi. And, usne dono baar humare baare mein bhi batane ka try kiya. Aur, issi wajah se meine dhamki di. 

Darshan squeezes her hand a bit and she looks up. His eyes are filled with genuine concern. 

Naushad: Yeh sab kab hua?

Mehjabeen: 16th. 

Mehjabeen looks down. 

Naushad: Aaj konsi date hain?

Mehjabeen: 20th.

Jyugal grabs the remote from Heli's hand and turns on the TV. Again, they all turn their attention to the TV and see the content of the Pendrive which has all the evidence against Heli. From, slamming the door to call recordings of Heli's call to Jaimi's family. Darshan is shocked seeing everything. He has no words. Hardik gets up and locks the door of the conference room so Heli and Surbhi can't escape. Jaimi and Mehjabeen are looking at each other surprised while the others are staring at Heli and Surbhi. It feels like everyone is throwing daggers at the two using their eyes. Darshan let go of Jaimi's hands as he stands up angrily. He rests is his on the edge of the table trying to control his anger. 

Surbhi: D... Darshan...

He shows her his palm. She shuts her mouth knowing better. 

Heli: Darshan! Tum meri baat suno... yeh... yeh... jo abhi tumne dekha woh... woh... sach nahi hain. 

Darshan: Oh really? Toh sach kya hain woh batane ka aap kasht karegi Ms. Daruwala?

Heli: Tum... tum mujhe ga...lat samajh rahe ho!

Darshan: Mein galat samjh raha hoon! Yeh sab meine akele ne nahi dekha! 

Heli and Surbhi step back in fear. The others get up from their seat. Jyugal, Hardik, and Siddharth go around the table and stand beside Darshan knowing the outcome of his anger. Jaimi and Ayesha stand next to Mehjabeen and Naushad. Armaan fits himself in the little space between Jaimi and Ayesha. 

Heli: Mein... nahi... hum...

Darshan: Shut up! 

As Darshan shouts, Heli, and Surbhi's heartbeat and breathing start to catch a pace. Jaimi is shocked by Darshan's sudden outbreak. The others are doing their happy dance on their inside as Heli's truth finally got revealed. 

Darshan: Meine tumhe day 1 se warn kiya tha ki tum Jaimi ke saath kabhi misbehave nahi karogi! Kiya tha ki nahi?

Heli nods her head in panic.