☁︎ ︎𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕒𝕣 ☁︎︎

You sighed at Midnight's words, disappointed.

'An obstacle race? Why not something more challenging and interesting? Damn...I wonder if I can at least place in the top three...or twenty, doesn't matter.'

"STAAAAART!"

You jolted out of your thoughts and quickly ran through the entrance, trying to squeeze through the sea of students. You caught a glimpse of Todoroki, who was ahead of everyone. You grinned, emitting gas from your body.

"Shouto Todoroki has already taken the lead! An impressive boy, indeed!"

"You're not beating me that easily, Todoroki!" You shouted. Multiple strings flew out from your hands, and you raised them. A crowd of students raised their arms, and suddenly you were ahead of everyone as well, being carried by confused and frightened teens. Midoriya gawked at you as you passed him, and you winked.

"Y/N L/N has taken control of a horde of students! How will she use them to her benefit?!" Present Mic shouted, making you glance at where he was. You looked back at the crowd of students, beaming.

"Catch you guys later! You'd better hurry up, Bakugo, if you wanna stay true to your word!" You giggled, wiggling your fingers. Bakugo yelled in anger, glaring at you as your figure grew further and further in the distance. The rumbling of footsteps beneath you made your ears hurt, and you glanced in front of you. You were now not far behind Todoroki.

"Okay, I think this is a good place to stop." You hummed, snipping your strings and making the students crash to the ground beneath you. You hopped off of the body pile, holding your head and giggling. "Thanks, you guys, best of luck to you!"

You started to take off, sprinting towards Todoroki.

"Hiya, Todoroki!" You shouted, making the red and white haired boy turn around. His eyes widened when he saw you, and he started increasing his speed. You huffed, lungs compressing painfully. You didn't give yourself a lot of time to recharge, but it was fine. Those breathing exercises you learned over the past two weeks would hopefully help you. Suddenly, you heard a loud stomp in front of you, making the ground rumble. You looked up, eyes widening.

"The villain bots from the entrance exam!" Someone behind you shouted. You looked up at the towering zero-pointer in front of you, eyes sparkling and a grin growing on your face.

"Perfect!"

You controlled the flow of the smokey gas from your body, letting it waft into the porthole in the giant robot. The robot froze up, and you giggled hysterically, clenching your fist to hold the string in place and dashing towards it. You hopped onto it, expertly scaling the behemoth and hoisting yourself on top of its shoulders. You unclenched your fist, working your fingers to make the robot move. It gave one stiff step forward, and you yelled in triumph.

"Now this is what I'm talking about!" You screamed, eyes shining with excitement.

"It seems that Class 1-A's L/N from before has acquired the assistance of a robot! How incredible is that?!"

The students all gaped up at you as you and the robot took off, you shouting with glee the whole time. Todoroki's eyes narrowed and he gritted his teeth, starting to run forward and activate his quirk.

"That was impressive. I have to secure my lead again."

Meanwhile, you were laughing away on top of the speeding robot, who you had lovingly named Edgar.

"Oh, Edgar, you're the best! I wanna keep you as my pet forever and ever and ever!" You gushed, stroking the top of Edgar's shiny metal head.

"'Me too, Y/N! You're my best friend!'" You mimicked, pretending to be the robot's voice.

"If you thought the first barrier was such a cinch, then whaddya think of the second?! Use your quirk to pass this one! If you don't like that idea, you can crawl! It's... THE FAAAAAALL!!"

You sharply looked up from the robot's head, gasping as a ravine with multiple stone pillars connected with ropes came into view. You pulled your hand back, making Edgar skid to a halt before he could fall off the edge of the cliff. Todoroki zoomed past you with his ice, glancing at you for a moment. You gawked at him, slightly surprised that he passed you so quickly. You bit your lip, eyebrows furrowing.

"How am I gonna get us over this one, Edgar?"

"Out...of..my...WAYYY!"

You heard a familiar scream from behind you, and you turned to see Bakugo blasting forward quickly with his quirk. Your eyes widened and you quickly turned back to Edgar, eyes narrowing.

"Now, Edgar, we gotta impress Bakugo, alright? You gotta have a jet pack or something..."

You experimentally flicked your pointer finger upwards, hearing a rumbling come from beneath you. You grinned, feeling the robot heat up.

"I love you, Edgar."

You were blasted forward with extreme force, leaving everyone in your dust. Present Mic shouted something inaudible, and you could smell the smoke in the air. Edgar practically flew across the ravine, and almost instantly you found yourself at the end line. You clenched your fist, making Edgar's boosters shut off, and you both landed on the ground with a loud thump. You turned around, and your eyes widened at what you saw.

You had already passed the last obstacle.

"Y/N L/N AND HER GIANT ROBOT TAKE FIRST PLACE AFTER PRACTICALLY TELEPORTING ACROSS THE LAST TWO OBSTACLES!! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DISPLAY!!"