☁︎ ︎𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕤 ☁︎︎

"Wow, are you Y/N L/N from the sports festival?!"

"So cool! She's the one who took control of that giant robot!"

"Her quirk is incredible!"

You yawned, swinging your bag back and forth as various people called out your name. So many people had chatted about you as you walked to school, and you were pretty sure you were like a one-day celebrity. You entered your classroom, sliding the door open.

"Morning, y'all."

"Y/N! I got mad people shouting out my name on my way to school!" Mina exclaimed, eyes sparkling. You grinned at her, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Same, it was a little embarrassing to be honest."

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima said, pointing at himself.

"I got so embarrassed, everyone was staring at me so intently!"

"I got consoled with 'don't mind' by frickin' elementary school brats!"

"Don't mind."

"It's crazy that we got so much fame in just one day!"

"Dude, UA really is amazing..."

"Morning." Aizawa said as he entered the classroom, walking up to the chalkboard and facing all of you.

"Mr. Aizawa, I'm happy you were finally able to take of your bandages!" Tsuyu croaked, pointing towards her face.

"Yeah, you looked like a mummy before!" You giggled, making Aizawa stare at you, sighing.

"The old lady got overdramatic with her treatment. But let's put that aside. Today's hero informatics period is a little special."

'Are we finally gonna discuss how there's so many undiscovered colors that are invisible to the naked eye?' You thought, eyes wide with wonder. 'Cause I'm dying to get some information.'

"It's time to formulate your codenames. Your hero names."

The class stood up, cheering. You blinked, heart thumping with excitement.

'I can finally make my debut as Snail! Even if my quirk isn't related to snails at all. I wonder what kind of agency I'll get into? I'll walk straight in once I get there, and be like 'heya! I'm Snail, the Gas Hero!' Now, THAT'S cool.'

"Typically the results are more spread out and balanced. But this year all the attention leaned towards three of you." Aizawa said, uncovering a chart with numbers on it. You blinked, tilting your head.

"What do those numbers mean? I got a 10,745."

"They're how many heroes want you in their agencies, dumbass!" Bakugo hissed, glaring at you. Your mouth formed an O, and then changed into a happy smile.

"I wonder what heroes requested for me?"

"Look, though, all the places are switched up! Seeing Bakugo in a straight-jacket must've spooked some heroes off..." Kirishima said, pointing at the board.

"Pros ain't gonna be scared!" Bakugo yelled, glaring. You sighed, once again detaching yourself with reality.

'Is Hawks on my list? I really, really, really wanna see him in person...I'd be so let down if he didn't want me. Don't birds eat snails? Yikes, then I'd better watch out! Oh wait, I'm not even a snail. Hehe.'

You felt a harsh jab to your side and winced, turning to Bakugo. He held a pen in one hand and a whiteboard in the other, glaring at you.

"We're writing down our hero names, dumbass, get to work."

You beamed at Bakugo, grateful. "Thanks, Bakugo, what would I do without you?"

You quickly scribbled down your hero name on the board, grinning with pride as you examined it.

"Snail."

"Alright, it's almost time for those who're ready to present their names for the class!" Midnight announced.

"Eh? When did Midnight get here?" You questioned, watching Aoyama as he stepped up to the podium.

"While you were off in La La Land, fucking idiot." Bakugo growled, glaring at Aoyama as he held his board up.

"The name of the Sparkling Hero: I Cannot Stop Twinkling."

"That's a whole sentence!!"

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!" You giggled, clapping your hands for Aoyama as Midnight made revisions to his hero name. She turned to the class, staring at you and smiling widely.

"L/N? You ready?"

"You bet!" You hummed, hopping out of your seat and placing your pen down on your desk. Bakugo stared at you, groaning as he realized why you were so happy.

"She's gonna use that stupid fucking name again. I'll bet you anything."

"What name, kero?" Tsuyu asked, tapping her finger to her chin. You stood in front of the class, beaming as you held up your board.

"The Gas Hero: Snail!"

"That doesn't relate to your quirk, Y/N, I would change it." Midnight sighed, and your face fell.

"O-okay..."

You pouted as you walked back to your desk, erasing your name and quickly scribbling on your second choice. Midnight beckoned you back to the front, and you trudged back up, holding up your board with less enthusiasm than before.

"The Gas Hero: Gazmat."

"That's a good name, L/N! Very good!" Midnight cheered, clapping her hands.

"It fits you, L/N!"

"It's on point."

"I like the play on words!"

You looked up at your classmates, perking up. "Really? Is it better than Snail?"

"Way better than that stupid ass name." Bakugo scoffed, planting his feet on his desk. Your expression brightened and you smiled, eyes sparkling.

"Gazmat it is!"