☁︎︎𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕦𝕜𝕚 𝕛𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕣☁︎︎

THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 100K READS!! I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM OMG TY TY TYSM 💖💕💞💖💕💞

Katsuki Bakugo, for the first time in his life, was nervous.

And it was all because of a stupid little airhead named Y/N L/N.

  Today was your first official date, and Bakugo couldn't be more anxious. Ever since you started dating, he had been aggressively affectionate towards you, but never had the guts to ask you on a real date. So, you did the logical thing and asked him first.

  He checked his watch, gulping as he ran a hand through his messy hair, which he had never been so self conscious about until now. You were late. But he had figured this would happen.

"Katsuki!"

Bakugo looked up to see you running towards him, almost in slow motion. You were dressed in a pastel blue snail onesie, a bright smile on your face as you waved at him. Bakugo's cheeks flushed and he took in a sharp breath as you stopped in front of him.

'Cute.'

"I missed you, Katsuki!" You cheered, E/C eyes sparkling as you grabbed his hand and intertwined your fingers with his. Bakugo turned bright red, scoffing.

  "We just saw each other at school yesterday, dumbass."

  You beamed, cheeks rosy. "I know, but every second I spend without you feels so booooring."

  Bakugo looked left and right, making sure no one was watching, and quickly kissed you on your forehead. You blushed, giggling as he pulled away, his gaze softening.

  "I missed you too."

  "So, where're we going? I was thinking since we're at the mall, we could go and look at some stuff and grab somethin' to eat?" You hummed, swinging your hands back and forth as you walked. Bakugo grumbled, eyeing you suspiciously.

  "What kind of stuff?"

  "Snails!" You blurted out, then quickly covered your mouth, laughing sheepishly. "Sorry, force of habit. I don't know, whatever you want to do is okay with me!"

  "We can go look at the snails." Bakugo said, making your head turn sharply to him, your eyes wide. He glanced down at you. "It is...our first date, after all."

  A large smile grew on your face as you squeezed his hand, your heart fluttering. "Thanks, Bubba!"

"Bubba? That's new." Bakugo snorted as you entered the pet shop.

"If I can't call you Kit-Kat, then you're my Bubba instead!"

"Then if I can't call you Gas Bitch, then you're my Airhead instead." Bakugo deadpanned, making you pout.

"I'll only accept the nickname Airhead if it relates to the candy. Which reminds me, I think I left my candy at my dorm. Damn. I was gonna bring some cotton candy for us to share."

"I don't like sweets."

"But you like me, so I know you would eat it to make me happy—"

"Oh look, the shitty snails." Bakugo coughed, turning beet red. Your eyes lit up and you let go of Bakugo's hand, rushing over to the snail tank and pressing your hands against the glass. Your eyes were filled with wonder as you watched the snails slide along the tank, a large grin on your face. Bakugo huffed, his hand feeling colder and more lonely now.

"Did you seriously fucking let go of my hand for the snails?"

"Quick, come here!" You said, ignoring him as you waved him over. Bakugo grumbled and walked over, still pouting. He crouched down next to you as you pointed at a snail with an orange and black shell that was sliding towards your finger. You turned to your boyfriend and beamed, eyes sparkling.

"This one reminds me of you! Katsuki Junior!"

Bakugo blushed, eyes flickering to a worker. He stood up, his heart thumping in his chest.

"Excuse me."

The worker turned to him, smiling politely. "Yes?"

"Could you...get this snail out? The orange and black one?" Bakugo said, pointing at the mollusk in the tank. The worker nodded, grabbing a bag and walking over. You got up, staring at Bakugo with amazement and adoration as the man fished the small snail out. Bakugo glanced at you then averted his eyes, his face reddening. Your heart fluttered and you smiled happily, eyes crinkling up at the corners.

"Alright, here ya go. You wanna pay for it here?" The worker said, tying up the water-filled bag. Bakugo nodded, taking out his wallet.

"How much?"

"Aah, not too much. About 50 cents."

Bakugo took two quarters out of his pocket, handing them to the man. He smiled, handing the bag to him.

"Have a good day, you two."

"Thanks, you too! I really liked your snails!" You chirped as Bakugo grabbed your hand, dragging you out of the store. You looked up at him as he walked, your eyes sparkling. You pulled your hand out of his, wrapping both of your arms around him. He grunted in surprise, face reddening as his grip on the bag loosened slightly.

"Katsuki, you're the best! I can't believe you got Katsuki Junior for me! I love you so so so so much!" You giggled, nuzzling your face into his chest. Bakugo exhaled shakily, glancing at all the people who stared at you two amusedly as they walked past. He pursed his lips.

'Fuck it.'

"I love you too, you idiot." Bakugo murmured, embracing you tightly. You hummed contently, swaying back and forth with him.

"I love you even more than I love snails."