☁︎︎ 𝕤𝕟𝕒𝕚𝕝 𝕞𝕒𝕟 ☁︎︎

"Those who have over 40 nominations will receive a personalized list of agencies to choose from. Those who don't, will get a list of 40 lower ranked hiring agencies." Aizawa said, starting to hand out lists to the people who got a lot of nominations. He placed a long looking list on your desk, and you lifted your head from your desk, staring blankly at it. You grabbed it, flipping it towards you and examining it. Your eyes landed on a certain name, and your eyes widened. You started to tremble, a shaky grin growing on your face.

"Guys, I got Hawks! I got the snail man!" You exclaimed, shooting out of your seat.

"That's great, Y/N, congrats! But, uh, isn't Hawks a bird?" Uraraka said, a confused smile on her face.

  "That's the shitty nickname she gave him, since she thinks he acts like a fucking snail." Bakugo scoffed, rolling his eyes. Uraraka nodded her head slowly, not questioning how he knew this.

  "Hawks is a pretty powerful hero, L/N, you sure you can take him?" Kirishima said, eyebrows furrowed. You grinned, jabbing a thumb at your chest.

  "If I can take on a giant robot and Bakugo, I can take on anything!"

  "Hah?"

  ☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

  You walked up to the front of Hawks's agency, taking in a deep breath. First impressions were always important, so you had decided to dress up a bit. You wore a F/C sweater and black overalls, a small green frog stitched onto the front. White stockings with lime green polka dots traveled up to your knees, and your feet were covered by black Vans.

  "L/N?"

  You turned around, slightly startled. Tokoyami was standing ten feet behind you, a surprised expression on his face. You grinned, holding up a hand.

"Heya, Tokoyami. You here for the Hawks internship, too?"

"Yes. I am a bit surprised, though, I didn't expect anyone else to choose this agency."

  "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's good to have someone I know here with me, though." You sighed, smiling as you stretched your arms. You turned your head to him as he came up beside you. "Well, then, shall we?"

  Tokoyami nodded and you pushed the doors to the agency open, heart thumping with anticipation and excitement. You looked around the large building in awe, sparkling E/C eyes wide with wonder. Your eyes landed on a familiar pair of vermillion wings, ones that you had seen on posters and on TV. Attached to them was a man in a fluffy brown jacket, sitting down on a couch lazily.

  "Hawks."

  Tokoyami and you started to walk faster, eager to greet the pro hero. The winged man turned around as he heard your footsteps approaching, and grinned.

  "Heya. I'm assuming you two are Y/N L/N and Fumikage Tokoyami? Sorry, Gazmat and Tsukuyomi?"

  "Yep! Nice to meetcha, Hawks!" You chirped, eyes sparkling.

  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hawks." Tokoyami said.

  Hawks chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

  "Likewise. Man, you guys were pretty impressive during the sports festival, I have to say."

  "Thanks!" You said, smiling broadly. "I have a question, though. Why did you choose me out of all the UA students to come to your agency?"

  "I'm wondering the same thing for myself." Tokoyami said, tilting his head. "Why me?"

  "Because we're both birds." Hawks hummed, holding up one of his feathers. "For L/N, well, it's because you remind me of myself."

  You and Tokoyami stayed quiet for a minute.

  "...Are you joking?" Tokoyami said, eyebrows furrowing.

  "No, I'm 20% serious." Hawks chuckled, turning in his seat to face you two. "50% of it was because I wanted to talk with someone from Class 1-A about those punks who attacked you guys, calling themselves the 'League of Villains'."

  "So basically, you were just scouting for intel?" You hummed, slightly let down by his words. So he didn't find you interesting at all?

  "Well, I figured if I had to pick one of you, it would be one who I thought could actually keep up with me. Someone with a lot of promise. Surprisingly, I found not one, but two people like that. So I figured, why not that birdman and the gas girl from the top three? They look good."

  "Oh...so, do you want us to fill you in on stuff right now?" You asked, fiddling with the strap of your overalls. Hawks grinned, cupping his face in his hands.

  "That'd be nice."