Always

A/N: I'm trying a new layout. Tell me if y'all like this one or the old one better please. Thanks!

The next morning, Lillian and Lachlan woke up at 7 a.m. to get ready for the Gathering and then the Battle.

They were going to have breakfast and walk around for an hour and shop or whatever. That was probably Lillian's least favorite part of the day that was planned. Even with everything that was set to happen today, Lillian absolutely despised shopping.

After she had taken a shower, brushed her teeth and hair and gotten changed, she walked out of the bathroom. When she stepped out, Lachlan walked in to brush his teeth and do his hair.

There is an old and respected tradition that is also a part of the Gathering. It's where if there is a couple that are both competing, they have matching suits for the Battle. Lillian and Lachlan decided that they should both have dark black suits to represent their powers.

Lillian's suit:

Lachlan's suit:

Lachlan's suit:

The moment Lillian woke up, she used a bit of her magic to sketch the suits and then make them 3D for them to actually use

When Lachlan came out of the bathroom, he held out his arm and Lillian hooked her hand in it.

"Onwards, m'lady!" Lachlan shouted, trying to make it sound like he had an english accent.
With his washed-out Australian-American accent, he failed miserably but it was still pretty cute.

The pair walked out of their room and headed to the elevator to meet up with the others for breakfast.

They had made it to the elevator and called it up to their level. When the doors opened, they revealed Vikk, JJ, Preston, and Landon.

Because the elevator were so big, all six of them could fit comfortably in. At first Lachlan was hesitant to let Lillian go in because of Landon, but she gave him a look that said, "It's okay. I trust him now."

They stepped in and Lillian shuffled over to Vikk and gave him a big hug.

"Hey Vikk! Long time, no see, huh?" Lillian said, happy to see her old friend again.

"It's been a while, that's for sure, Lillz. I know you haven't met JJ yet so, Lillian, this is JJ, JJ, this is Lillian. I used to be good friends with Lillian until senior year when some stuff went down and we lost touch." Vikk knew about everything.

Every single one of her old friends did. The only reason they never did anything was because Lillian told them that it was her problem and that she could deal with it. She also told them not to interfere no matter what, otherwise she would hunt them down and stab them in the neck with a blunt pencil.

"Hello Lillian. Pleasure to meet you." JJ said.

"Pleasure to meet you too, JJ." Lillian replied, shaking his hand.

"Also, by the way, Lachlan and I are currently in a relationship, so yeah. Just thought I would let you all know." Lillian said, smiling and intertwining her fingers with Lachlan's.

"Hey Lillian? I don't know what you, Lachlan, and Preston's power and y'all don't know mine so why don't we all share powers? I have red magic. Camouflage, invisibility, and teleportation. Usually use that to teleport to like a buffet or somewhere that has food."

"He's serious! He does that all the time! He also tries to just pop up behind us to scare us but it has never worked on me." Vikk began. "The only reason nothing ever scares me is because of my maroon magic. I've got telekinesis, telepathy, and mind reading so there is now way in hell anyone can scare me."

"I'm gonna be that one person that scares you then, bet." Lillian said.

"We'll see, Lillian, we'll see." Vikk answered, laughing.

"I've got Neon Orange magic. I obviously have fire and slime powers. I have jump boost, fire control, and telekinesis." Preston said.

"And I've got blue magic. Shadow Stealth, invisibility, and muteness." Landon finishes.

"What do you two have?"
Lillian and Lachlan looked at each other and spoke in each other's minds.

Lachlan       Lillian

Should we tell them? I mean, they are our friends, even Landon.

No let's wait until the official revealing at the Battle later today. Let's not worry about anything right now and just enjoy breakfast.

Okay, whatever you want, baby.

"Y'all will find out at the Battle. We have to reveal it anyway but I've got a question. No matter what, will you all be on our side? Even if we are the weakest or most powerful magic ever?" Lillian asked, worried about them not agreeing to the plan.

"Of course!" Preston, Vikk, and JJ answered at the same time. Only Landon didn't say it.

Instead, he said, "Always."

Lillian knew that he was using the Severus Snape quote from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. If broke her heart knowing that he still remembered that that was her favorite book. It broke her heart knowing that she thought he hated her when we had to hurt her for his own safety and hers. It broke her heart, that for her, Lachlan, Elliott, and everyone else she loved to live, he would have to die.

What broke her heart most, was the fact that he would have to die by her hands.

She would have to kill her best friend.