Back To The Start

A/N: Fun fact, I actually considered using "The Death of a Bachelor" and calling it that instead but this one works out better. Enjoy!

A cheer arose from the crowd and everyone thought that Lillian had just stunned or knocked out Landon.

They all got up and started running over to the pair, intending to congratulate Lillian and tell Landon better luck next time but they all stopped twenty feet away from Lillian.

After Lillian had dropped to the ground crying and drained from energy, she started bawling even harder and shaking. She had started having another panic attack.

Preston, Elliott, Lannan, Lachlan, Marcus, Kathleen, Bazza, Cray, Mitch, Rob, Jerome, and Vikk all pushed their way to the front of the crowd and rushed over to Lillian's side, Elliott at the front.

Once Elliott finally reached Lillian, he immediately crouched down and hugged Lillian, rocking her back and forth.

"Guys, get the other people away from here, we need a minute. Lachlan, you can stay if you want, she is your girlfriend after all."

They all started walking away, excluding Lachlan and Elliott. Lillian looked up for a brief second only to be met with the sight of Preston crying silently and staring at Landon. After seeing that, she ducked her head back down and tried her best to calm down.

Lillian's breathing started to get shorter and sharper so Lachlan jogged over to her too, and crouched down on the other side of her, hugging her along with Elliott.

"Shhh, it's okay Lill. It's all over. You did amazing," Elliott whispered into Lillian's ear, trying his best to comfort her and stay calm.

"He's right Lill, you did everything you could, there's nothing we can do about it now. Please, calm down, we can properly take care of Landon's body and the bodies of the other three guys."

"N-no, there's no use. The s-spell I used was a Golden Death spell. There won't be any bodies to collect other th-than Landon's. The others will have just turned into a golden mist."

Once she was finished talking, Lillian's breathing patterns seemed to get back to mostly normal.

Once Lillian, for the most part, stopped shaking and hugging Elliott and Lachlan, she started stumbling and crawling her way over to Landon's body, lying on the ground.

"Lillian....what are..what are you doing?" Lachlan asked, genuinely concerned about her.

"I have to say goodbye to my best friend. I have to see him, as himself, one last time."

"Are you sure that's a good idea Lill?" Elliott asked, walking over to her, helping her to stand and walk, Lachlan quickly following suit.

"Yes Elliott, I'm positive. I'm not trying to be mean or rude so please don't take it that way but can it just be me and Lachlan for a second please? As long as you don't mind."

"Of course not. Please just be safe. Lachlan, watch out for her, she can be a handful."

Before he walked away, Elliott turned back to Lillian and gave her a brotherly kiss on the head.

"Be careful you two." With that, Elliott turned away from them.

"Okay Lachlan, c-come one. We have to go see him or, at least I do."