Chapter 28

With Vito behind the steering wheel and Valentina in the passenger seat, the two drove home.

''What was that about? There was no need to be rude to Lilly.'' Her tone was disapproving of Vito's borderline hostile behaviour.

''I think you have forgotten who I am, Valentina.''

She averted her gaze from him. Looking at her hands fiddling with the fabric of her peach dress. She understood where Vito came from. While Lilly was a law-abiding citizen, he wasn't. She would've told on him if she knew his true identity.

''Being a little nicer wouldn't have hurt. She's going through some stuff right now. Or at least I think she is.'' She sighed, ''She didn't exactly deny it had something to do with her father and I can't think of anything else besides that. We even found all that money in her house. I mean, who was that much hard cash stored in their house. It wasn't even in a vault.''

Vito's expression became grim after hearing Valentina, ''What do you mean? When did this happen?''

''Not too long ago. Remember when Kevin was sick. Lilly and I went over to her place to study even though we didn't get much done. Anyway, Lilly and I found a bag with a bunch of hundred dollar bills in it. Her father told us it was inheritance money but I still can't fully believe it.''

''Lilly's father?''

''Yes, he seemed nice enough but his story was a little off.''

''Seemed nice enough,'' Vito repeated her and scoffed, ''Don't go there anymore, Valentina. He is probably involved in the underworld. I don't want you around people like that.'' He ordered.

Valentina gave him a look making Vito let out a heavy sigh. He was well aware of how hypocritical he sounded.

''You know what I mean.'' He said.

Valentina only nodded. She didn't mind the short glimpse she got of his protective side. It made her blush and when they arrived at home, her feet moved quicker than usual. She didn't think she would be able to handle herself around him if she stayed with him any longer. Living in the same house didn't help either.

''What are you doing?'' He grabbed her wrist from behind.

''What do you mean?'' Valentina actively tried to hide her face from Vito.

''You're not even looking at me. You're clearly upset at what I said earlier. I know I'm a hypocrite for saying it but you have to understand I don't want you-''

''I'm not upset, Vito.'' She faced him, her blush still in place.

He caught on quickly and closed the empty space between them. Her gaze was cast downwards as his strong hand caressed her face. His touch trailing from her neck to the valley of her breasts and finally rested his hand on her middle. Tingles left behind in the places he touched her.

Valentina wanted more. She was swiftly moved against the wall, making her squeak out of surprise and felt him pressed against her. His lips against her hot skin made her fuzzy. She wrapped her arms around his neck and whimpered when he used his tongue. She could feel him gripping her leg. His hand moving on her upper thigh making her skirt crumple up and revealing more of her warm complexion.

''If you're not upset then what you are,'' His deep voice was demanding.

There were a million things, Valentina was at the moment but to say them out loud was something she wasn't accustomed to.

''Wanting,''

''And?'' His lips hovered over hers, just barely touching.

''Aroused.'' She breathed out, her cheeks getting a darker shade of red.

The intensity of his kisses only amplified her arousal. He hoisted her up, forcing Valentina to straddle him. Before she knew it they were on their bed. With her dress now on the floor, she was completely bare aside from her panties. He towered over her and continued kissing her. His tongue sliding past Valentina's lips. His fingers closing around her nipples. Twisting and tugging.

Valentina moaned but only for them to get swallowed up by Vito's mouth. When his lips left hers, she wanted to protest but the feeling left as soon as he began licking and sucking on her breasts. Her body shuddered as Vito removed her panties and began stroking in between her folds. She was already wet. She knew it wasn't going to be long before she came. With his fingers moving in and out her, a feeling of bliss overcame her. After finally coming, Valentina's breathing became heavy.

Just as Vito was about to remove his white dress shirt, he heard a noise he could only describe as alarming. The wretched sound of police sirens.

''Valentina, get dressed.'' He grabbed her clothes from the floor and dressed her again.

Valentina adjusted her dress and listened to the sirens, ''Is that...''

Her heart stilled. In just a few seconds her world got thrown upside down. She didn't want to believe her ears. She wanted to deny what she was hearing.

''If they ask-'' Vito began but got talked over.

''I won't tell them anything about you.''

''I'm not talking about me. You don't know anything. You don't know of the mafia. You don't know who I am. I kept you in the dark. Do you understand, Valentina?'' His explained gravely.

It wasn't until that moment, Vito realized how much he had changed in regard to Valentina. It was much less about his own priorities and more about hers. He held her close to him and gave her a lingering kiss. A sweet kiss he wanted to continue. He pushed her soft hair back and took a last good look at the girl he loved.

Vito slipped out of her grasp. It was too soon. She would give everything for a few more seconds.

He was going outside without any resistance. With his hands in the air, he watched the cops surrounding him. The sirens still going off. Red and blue lights filling his vision. He wasn't going to give up but also wasn't going to give them any more reason to be suspicious of him. He would play by their rules. A couple of the men in uniform got closer and handed out orders for Vito to lie on the ground with his hands on the back of his head.

After he was told what he was arrested for and handcuffs were placed on his wrist, he stood up again. Two men on either side of him holding him by his arms. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Valentina standing in the doorway. His view of her disappeared when he got roughly pushed into the police vehicle.