35

•~•

•~•

L U K E pov

_

"I'm going to explain everything to you Mr. Spectre. Please be patient with me." I starts talking, however Miley's dad had an unimpressed look on his face.

"Okay,"

"Well you see.... back when Miley was in high school, before she met you... well... Miley and I... we had a relationship... we were together, for a small while. But in that time, we fell into something so deep I couldn't even understand at that moment. I know you may think I'm a pedophile or someone - but... but I just really was mesmerised by your daughter. After that, My wife Gillian, she found out about us and shit happened, I was confused and broke and I just — I just thought it would be best to let Miley go. Then we didn't talk and she moved away for college and we finally met at my anniversary event, where I realised that all that time I had something missing in me. And that was the feeling of love. And then I met her today again and .... I won't like to you, we thought of running away, but Miley is a very smart girl and she loves you so much that she can't run away from you."
I said in one go. I could feel myself get emotional again but I held back my tears.

"Wow... that's a LOT to take in. I-I could've never imagined any of this. I just can't believe she's in love with someone like you though Hemmings. She's my precious little girl... I can't give her to someone like you. You... you're way older."

"Age is just a number, Mr. Spectre. We love each other a lot."

He scoffed.
"If you can cheat once then how do I know you won't do it twice? Just like you got bored of your wife you can get bored of my daughter too!"

That felt like a slap in the face. I knew his insecurities. I knew where this was coming from. But how can I make him realise that I do love his daughter..?

"I'm sorry Harvey... but you gotta trust me on this one. We just need your blessings," I said.

His face changed to an angry one and I could feel him heating up.

"Blessings? YOU WANT MY BLESSINGS? To be with MY DAUGHTER? You're just a fucking good for nothing player! You're a useless asshole Hemmings! I knew I should've been more careful with you!"
He screamed and immediately threw his hands around my neck and pulled my collar.

"I didn't know you were such a scumbag Hemmings. Leave my daughter alone. Let her be happy for once!" He said pushing me against the wall

I winced in pain.

"But we can only be happy when we're together Harvey! Please understand!"

A loud slap echoed through the room and I felt my cheek burn. He slapped me right across the face, and I whispered in pain. I wasn't expecting him to abuse me like this. And I couldn't hit him back... I deserved it.