37

A/n: I'm kinda sad this book is coming to an end🥺. Also thank you sm for a 100K!! I really didn't think this book would be able to get so many reads :)

Also, Next chapter is going to be the last, it will be the epilogue!

HAVE A GOOD DAY ~ 🍦

•••••

Miley

These past few weeks have been going great for Luke and me. I've been seeing so much change in him – he's become so much more respectful and serious about our relationship.

I'm glad that I can say to everyone now that I made the right choice choosing Luke, because he makes me happy, he makes me feel secured and he makes me feel loved.

It's not like people don't ask us about our relationship anymore – they do, but now we proudly show it off. Our age gap doesn't bother us anymore.

"So, is Luke gunna come and pick you up today?" Maria, my friend from college asked me, just as we packed up after the last class.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied.

"So... what are your plans for your birthday then?" Maria asked excitedly.

Today was my 23rd birthday and I was excited as this was the first birthday I get to celebrate with Luke.

Luke hasn't wished me yet, but I know he must be planning a secret surprise.

Maria and I walked outside of the college and at the end of the campus where I saw Luke sitting in the car, scrolling down his phone.

"Have fun babes ~ tell me all the juicy gossip!" Maria said and hugged me before walking away.

I was reminded of Holly when she did this - the times when we used to share gossip and just talk about random shit. I sighed and removed that thought as quickly as possible.

I entered the car and he finally payed attention to me,
And gave me a small peck on the lips.

"Hi princess. How was your day?" He asked.

"Fine - like usual. How 'bout you Mr. Hemmings? Get a promotion?" I teased him.

"Of course - you know how capable your man is!" He joked and pecked my lips once again.

He started driving soon and we got away from the campus.
My heart started to beat a little loudly as I started imagining the kind of surprise he'd be giving me.

Will he take me to a restaurant?
Or will he arrange something with Christmas lights?
Or even better! He'll take me on a helicopter tour like Christian Grey!

Shut up Miley, Shut up. You've been watching many romance movies lately haven't you? I shook my head, but a smile lingered on my face.

*

"We're home, wake up baby.." I heard a voice and opens my eyes, realising I had fallen asleep in the car.

I held my bag and was about to get out when I noticed Luke was still sitting down with his seat belt on. I gave him a questioning look.

"I-I have to go to work princess. It's because of the promotion and stuff. I'll be back a little late at night... I hope you don't mind." He said but I could feel the uneasiness.

What? He was going to go to work today? On my birthday? He hasn't even wished me yet.

"Um... O-Okay.. text me," I said weakly and got out of the car and saw him drive off.