a star to comfort you
maybe it'll be me

¤━━━¤

"is he at it again?" jisung sighed, the muffled sounds of glass smashing on the other side of the door. this time, it was silent sobs, it was angered yells

"leave him be, he'll get over it" kun placed a hand on the younger's shoulder. another thud and a harsh crash of things. the once 18 year old winced.

"did he go and see hyejin?" a boy with newly died light blue hair joined the commotion, jolting at the chaos behind the door.

"yeah, he's been smashing things for the past 15 minutes" kun sighed, beckoning jaemin to over to the door "it's gotten worse"

"what did hyejin do? if he found her, shouldnt it just be happily ever after for all of us?" jaemin glanced at the door, concerned. they all thought as long as chenle had met hyejin, he was going to back to his original self. but it was just the opposite; he's smashed every object in his office into pieces and he would usually go to sleep with his body sprawled across the floor, leaving the other members to clean the mess up after him

"this can't keep happening, he's going to end up hurting himself" jisung, being one of chenle's best friends, shook his head.

"there's nothing we can do" kun flinched, a clatter of a metal object smashed to the floor. then there was silence, pure silence. the three knew what was happening now

he was done, finally

"let's go in" jaemin opened the door gently, revealing an exploded atmosphere. glass, papers, books were littered on the floor, little droplets of blood decorating sharp pieces of a broken cup.

"it seems worse today" kun came to pick up a photo on the floor while jaemin and jisung heaved chenle up from the floor. the dark headed was conscious, just barely. he's drained himself once again, and anyone can tell he was in pain.

the polaroid was crumbled, kun's eyes tracing the two figures who were messing around on camera: hyejin holding the camera with chenle flashing his eyes up. she had a bright smile on her face, her arms looped around chenle as she stood on a chair to match his height, becoming slightly taller than him.

what a time to reminisce

"young love they say" kun picked it up and slid it into chenle's pocket as the other two were trying to pull him onto the bed

"young broken love" the eldest smiled small, beginning to clean up the bits and pieces. it was like how their worlds collided to create chaos and never peace.

they didn't belong together, they couldn't

hyejin was right

¤━━━¤

"you got your phone?" winwin dusted his blazer off as the two set off down the elevator. Stone was extremely professional for a mafia gang; everyone required to be in uniform when working in the office, appropriate gear when working outside.

"yeah" the memories flashed, a forced smile pulled over her lips. the duo arrived at the destination within seconds, their feet lining up with the rest.

a prestigious marbling on the floor, complemented with living robots while the hierarchy is none less stronger than a dictatorship.

what a world to live in

attendance report went by pretty fast, everything monotonous as winwin and hyejin stood side by side, breaths held in to prevent unnecessary punishment