삼십

we cried a lot and laughed a lot
but it was so beautiful

¤━━━¤

"kill me, jisung, kill me. kill me like you killed her dear ol' brother" the provocation was getting to jisung. he was a fragile boy, and had been through the worst. to cut open a healing wound would hurt more than it did initially

chenle rose his gun again, ready to shoot when jisung placed his hand on the gun, stopping him

"He knows where aeri is" jisung clenched his fist "you can't kill him"

"jisung" chenle grinded his teeth together "let me kill him"

jisung shook his head, and lowered down the gun completely.

"when did you find her" he dropped his voice, steadying himself. inho didnt respond, but cocked an eyebrow before a large explosion of white bubbled them in. everyone collectively coughed as they bundled towards the car. once they were all safely in the car, it was a moment or twos of silence.

"he's lying" hyejin gathered the thoughts in her head "he definitely found her recently. he wouldn't have wanted to kill me for like 4 years straight if he already knew the girl was alive. i think she'll find her way back to you...somehow"

"her mother's funeral is tomorrow, our best shot of finding her would be tomorrow." chenle added on, but when he turned to look at hyejin, there was something wrong

jisung lowered his gaze "yeah...she'll find her way out, i know she will"

¤━━━¤

"hey" chenle entered the slightly distorted kitchen. they decided the first thing they wanted to restore was the bases kitchen, surprise surprise

"hey" hyejin wanted to avoid eye contact; she didn't want him to worry about her, but that uncomfortable pit in her stomach was telling her otherwise. she was a little uncomfortable with the fact she was so clueless, after all neither her boyfriend nor one of her closest friends were telling her anything

but she kept telling herself, it isn't your business

"what are you doing?" chenle's voice sounded scratchy, hinting at something but tried not to show his confusion at her behaviour.

"drinking" she poured herself a cup of water

"right" the male came around to the opposite side of the bench, attempting to glance in her eyes. her eyes ruined it all, they spoil everything.

chenle wasn't the best with situations like this, and he knew little as to what to do. so staring at her for a solid minute and a half, he contemplated.

"if you have something to say, say it" she said coldly, lifting the cup from her lips.

"i could say the same thing to you" getting defensive was not the best way to go about this.

"i've got nothing to say to you" she looked at chenle, and the moment their gazes connected, she regretted it. chenle was amazing at reading through her.

"there's something up" he lifted himself off his seat, walking around to where she stood. his hand reached for her arm but she took a step back. this confused chenle, and he wasn't sure what to do anymore.