스물일곱

under the starlight that resembles you,
i finally want to dream of an eternity with you

¤━━━¤

"did you two get back together..?" winwin asked, situating himself next to her as they sat in the van, uncomfortably working away at the case. she still felt the tension between them after the kiss, despite having already apologised many times.

"i don't know" in all honesty, after her and chenle had shared their kiss together, she ran, not being able to face him with a face as red as a tomato. she had been avoiding him with all her might and she was lucky he was also busy with the case. they were close to closing the Stone case, and had already planned out what to do from there. catching inho should be easy if they manage to bait Stones boss into telling them everything that happened between the two gangs.

"either way, he's here" winwin pointed to the figure who was glancing around the campus, running his hand through his hair repeatedly as he continued to scour the place.

"oh shit" she ducked down, banging her head against the window and falling between the seat and the seat opposite it. chenle gave winwin a stank eye when he entered, but still looked around the van just to double check.

she pressed her hands together, praying to dear god that he doesn't come this way. but her head wasn't the smallest, so within chenle's peripheral, he noticed a strand of black hair besides winwin's thigh.

he perked his lips up, striding over to winwin. before he could lean over and greet the individual hidden behind the shadows. winwin shot his hand to the opposite seat, creating a barrier between the girl and dark headed boy.

his eyes darkened, slicing into winwin's as he roughly took hold of his arm, throwing it out of his way. he grasped hyejin's wrist, dragging her from her hiding spot as he pulled her away. she stumbled, eyes widening as she fell into the seat on the other side. she didn't even get time to react before a sharp gasp let her mouth, his body leant over hers as he steadied himself with his hands pressed against the arm rest.

winwin scoffed, tearing his eyes from them as he crossed his arms over.

"are you sure you want to-" chenle looked at winwin, who bolted up and left without another word. he flickered his eyes back at the overwhelmed ones that belonged to her, smiling.

"everytime you get scared you avoid me, what did i do this time?" he chuckled, eyes glimmering.

"this-this, wh-what...get off me" she pushed against him, and he only leant closer "we didn't finish off what we started"

"not now! everyone's in the base and i need to finish off the second level sketch-" her efforts were futile as she sunk back into her usual position "hah...when have you ever listened to me, that's right" she muttered, turning her head.

chenle never listened to her, even when they used to be dating. it was upsetting at times, but since his alexithymia slowly eased away, he's been more cautious around her, filtering his words and making sure he was still the same person she fell for years ago.

"do you need help with the blueprint transfer?" he smiled

"what?" she was taken aback.

"jisung's finished rebuilding ten's computer, let's go" he placed a kiss on her forehead, and retracted, very audibly letting out a breath.

"chenle" she followed behind him, scratching against her nails "are we like, dating" she smiled awkwardly. he turned around, ruffling her hair "when were we not dating? remember, you never officially broke up with me"